Prologue: A Chance for Redemption

How long have they been exiled from their home, Cybertron? A few Quintuns (Week)? Several Duins? Pits, maybe even hundreds of Stellar Cycles.

Inside an old abandoned building that is now used a makeshift-shelter.

Scrapper, Leader of the Constructicons, sits on the ground defeated and miserable along with his team. When the Autobots won the war and Optimus sacrificing himself to revive Cybertron, the Decepticons were outcast as War Criminals by the new Autobor Government and have been on the run for a couple of Stellar Cycles.

They exiled themselves in one Cybertron's destroyed colonies during the war, they scavenge what they can to make a living on the dead world caused by the Decepticons. It was a miserable life.

Scrapper sighs sadly at his predicament, same with his other teammates as they too share his sentiment.

As they all sat in silence, Bonecrusher then said.

"Well... another orbital cycle and another miserable orbital cycle be alive..."

"We get it Bonecrusher... you don't need to remind us..." Mixmaster glares at his teammate.

"I'm just stating the obvious in our situation!" He retorted, "...for the Autobot's stupid motto, 'Freedom is the right of sentient beings' they don't even let us any freedom, just lock in a cell and let us rot! Oh, how much freedom I could get! Such hypocrisy!"

"Can't argue with that... ever since Optimus has sacrificed themselves they have been acting like Decepticons more..." Long Haul agrees to Bonecrusher's statement.

Bonecrusher snorts, "...see even Long Haul understands the situation we are in."

Scavenger told him, "...if you could just stop rambling like a sparkling asking for its creator for Energon for at least a few cycles, and for once try to fragging lighten up our situation!"

"Lighten up!? What's there to lighten up about?! We're on the run from a stupid Autobot crusade and you want us to lighten up?!" He gets up to his face and spat, "..Face it Scavenger! There's nothing light up about!"

Unexpectedly, the Constructicon was punched in the face by Scavenger, who was normally the calmest and also timid of the group, before the two starts brawling it out.

Scrapper gets in between his brothers fighting, stopping the ordeal taking place.

"Hey! I think that's enough!" He shouted, "I get it! We're all miserable! For Pit's sake, even disappointed! But that doesn't mean we have to fight each other!"

He continues his lecture, "We are all that is left and we need each other! No matter how dire the situation is, we need to focus on survival! Understood?!"

Both Constructicons grumbled in annoyance. Before agreeing with their leader.

While they wish to return to Cybertron they know they can't. Not because they were outcast as Decepticons, it's because they did play a role in destroying Cybertron in the first place.

They wish they could reason with the Autobots Council and probably even get themselves redeemed, hell they'd do anything to get themselves redeemed.

But it's made impossible when the Autobots started a crusade against the remaining Decepticons.

After that little ordeal, Mixmaster, Bonecrusher, Scavenger, and Hook went inside the base to recharge or sleep in human terms, while Scrapper and Long Haul stayed outside a bit as they watch the sunset.

When the Sun fully sets and it comes out the starry night. Long Haul gets up and entered their makeshift shelter, not before taking a quick glance at him and asked, "You coming in?"