Chapter 10

When they got to the school, Dylan and Landen went backstage to get their caps and gowns, and Jaycee went to the auditorium. Because they got there so early, she got to sit in the front row with their families. She ended up sitting between Dylan's mom and Landen's step-dad.

            Dylan's mom didn't like her very much. She tolerated her because she was good to her son. The only thing she liked about Jaycee was that she was respectful. His dad just didn't like her in general. Neither did Landen's mom.

            Landen's step-dad liked her because he thought she was funny and interesting. The reason why his mom didn't like her was unknown. She just didn't like her. Some of their other friends said it was because she was a bitch.

            When the ceremony began, the senior class walked on stage then the principal started rambling on about God knows what. All she knew was that it was boring enough to put her to sleep. She zoned back in when she started hearing names being called.

"Landen Parish!" he called.

            Jaycee and his family jumped up as he walked across the stage. A huge smile appeared on his and Jaycee's faces. Both her and his family were proud of him. As her and Dylan's family were proud of him.

            When the ceremony was over, Landen's mom and step-dad went home. Dylan's parents went to his brother's house for the weekend. They figured since he graduated, and he was moving out, he was mature enough to have a couple friends over to halp him pack. They assumed since he was moving out so quickly after graduating, he didn't want anything to do with him anymore. They decided they weren't gonna be home when he left.

"Onward to food!" Landen exclaimed as they left the auditorium.

"Where do y'all wanna go?"

"I don't care! As long as it's a place that has food!" he yelled.

"K-Mart it is," she decided.

"Food!" he yelled, and ran to the truck.

"And to think, you're our friend," Dylan joked.

"Damn straight!"

"Shut up, and get in the truck," she unlocked it.

            When they got to the store, Landen ran to the food aisle. He ended up wanting to buy half the store. Instead they bought mozzarella sticks, hot wings and some drinks then went home. When they got home, they threw their food in the microwave and ate.

"Y'all happy now? You graduated and you ate."

"Very," Landen yelled with glee.

"Not quite," both Jaycee and Landen looked at Dylan. "I don't get to see my girlfriend during the day anymore."

"Aww, baby," she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Don't worry. You'll still get to see me."

"Good," he took her hand. "I love you, Jaycee."

"I love you too, Dylan."

"Get a room!" Landen yelled again. "I'm trying to eat here."

"How about after dinner?" Dylan asked.

"Um, no. Not with me here," Landen stated.

"You have headphones and Dylan's gaming console. You won't even know we're doing anything," Jaycee said.

            Landen dropped his wing in disturbance. He got that look on his face as if he wanted to say okay, but he also couldn't believe they would do anything with him there. Dylan and Jaycee stared at him with a straight face, trying to hide the fact that they were joking.

            Jaycee was hoping he knew they were joking, but she wouldn't mind if he took them seriously. Dylan was joking, but had a bit of seriousness in his voice. Landen looked back and forth between his friends, not sure to believe them or take it as a joke. He went with something in the middle.

"Okay," he said, still not sure if they were joking.

            The three of them laughed at the joke and eating, enjoying the beginning of their summer