17. Tested

I just kept running

I just kept running. That's all I remember doing before I suddenly passed out once again from everything my body had been put through. The Mind Flayer managed to get ahold of me, but was ripped away. But something doesn't feel right. It wanted me clearly. Or just to summon an army. That's all I could think of. Billy was the key for the Flayer. And he was going to do everything it told him to do.

"Lana.....? Lana, are you awake?" I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted with the intense, bright sun shining in through my bedroom window. My vision was hazy and my head had such an incredible pain within it.

"What's going on....?" I slowly sat up, noticing just how many people were surrounding me. Eleven, Max, Mike, Lucas, Will, Dustin and Steve. I didn't remember a thing about getting back home. And I certainly didn't remember everyone being with me. I just remembered.....

"Billy!" I instantly jumped up out of bed the moment my mind kicked me into hyperdrive, the deep dread practically Imbedded into me lingering as usual. All my suspicions were correct. It's back. Yet again.

"You felt to it, didn't you Lana? You felt it back here in Hawkins?" I looked to Will with frantic eyes, terrified of what I remembered from last night. The Mind Flayer loomed over me, full of malice and want, want for what he craves to do to this town. To all of us. He's coming back with a vengeance.

"I....... I saw it..... at the warehouse. El saved me. I managed to run and escape. But I don't remember anything else. But Billy...." I slowly sat back down on the edge of my bed next to a worried Steve, wondering if he was okay.

"I closed the gate." I sighed in complete fear from Eleven's words of what I felt would happen the minute it left Will's body. We never truly knew if it was trapped behind the gate. And now? We have our answer. It's attached to Billy! I know it has. I saw it......

"We managed to track down where you had been and saw you on the side of the road. We stayed over night to make sure you were okay. Your face.... it had black streaks on it." My eyes widened the moment Steve uttered those horrible words, jumping right back up to look at my face in the mirror. Whatever damage the Flayer did, seemed to be completely gone. Like it never happened.

"Guys..... it's happening all over again. Will felt it. I felt it. I saw it! It's here." My fingers softly ran over my face for any indication of sorts from the Flayer, feeling absolutely no damage. Steve's eyes met mine in the mirror and saw just how miserable I looked and felt. I was extremely worried, for Billy.

"Well we need to make sure that the Flayer actually is using Billy as his host." I nodded from Mike's words, knowing just how terrified everyone was from the thought of it being back. But I didn't want to admit that it was taking over Billy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"He's just sitting up there, wrapped up like a mummy. He looks completely.... drained." I handed the binoculars back to Max the minute I got a good look at Billy on the lifeguard tower. I called in today just so I could help figure out what exactly we can do to force the Flayer to show itself. And the sauna was the perfect choice. I immediately thought of it the moment I remembered that it hates heat.