16. Somethings In The Air

I sped down the road leading to Billy's house with my mind racing, wandering to so many different things that could have happened to him

I sped down the road leading to Billy's house with my mind racing, wandering to so many different things that could have happened to him. But leaving that motel last night, I knew something did. Something is incredibly wrong. I was getting those same feelings...... the ones I knew so well that terrified me to no end. It can't be happening again. It can't.....

"Lana?" I practically jerked my car in park and flew out the door the moment I did, noticing Billy's car was no where in sight. And that only fueled my fear.

"Max, El, have you guys seen Billy at all this morning?" They looked to each other, noting the worry in my tone and etched on my face as clear as day. I was frantic to find Billy.

"No. He hasn't come home or anything. He said he was meeting you last night and wouldn't be back until whenever. He never showed?" My hands tangled in my hair in pure frustration. Where could he be?! Why would he just disappear? It's not like him.

"No. I went to our meeting spot, stayed for over an hour, and he never showed. I haven't heard one word from him. Something is wrong.... it's that feeling." Their eyes widened from the mention of the feeling they knew all too well that I was talking about. Is it back? I thought we trapped it! Eleven sealed the gate. How could it be loose again....?

"Maybe he's just being his usual self Lan. You know how he is." I wanted to believe that's all this was. But I had this incredible notion that it's something much worse than just Billy simply dicking off for whatever reason.

"I don't know. But I got to find him. Are you guys okay?" Eleven looked super upset about something. And I had a feeling it was over Mike. Hopper has been on them about being alone and all that jazz. Basically, making out, normal teenage shit. He doesn't want his daughter to grow up. They've bonded so much over the course of everything. It's nice seeing him like that in a way.

"Mike.... he lied. I know he lied. He said he never would." I sighed, feeling so bad for her. Men and well, boys, can be so hard to deal with. Believe me, I know.

"Listen up girls. Men? Boys? They aren't always shit. We don't need them to be amazing. To have fun. They can't tell us who to be. Or how to act. Or what to do. We make our own path. You two girls, are bitchin. So don't let any boy tell, or make you feel differently. Got it?" I smiled from their surprise at my little pep talk, seeing equal smiles appear on their faces, before hugging me so tightly. It was exactly what I needed.

"That's what I told Eleven! I think what we are going to do is head to Starcourt and just shop. Forget about the guys and have fun. Let El explore who she is outside of Mike and Hopper. You want to come Lan?" I thought that was absolutely perfect. If I didn't have to work, or actually wasn't freaking out over Billy, I would definitely go. I need a vacation. Badly.