7. Games

"You have got to be kidding me

"You have got to be kidding me....." I held my head in my hands, trying so hard not to have that mental break down I've been talking about for so long now. Remember dart? Dustins little pal? Well he's not so little anymore. He ate our moms cat, Mews! And he's not just some little creature. He's a damn Demogorgon! What fresh hell am I living in?

"Mom just left because I made her think they saw Mews walking around town. Dart is trapped in my room. I'm geared up. Let's do this!" He looked like a doofus. Wearing all kinds of hockey gear, sporting a hockey stick. What is a damn hockey stick going to do against a Demogorgon?!

"Why am I even surprised this is happening? Just another day in Hawkins." I had only been home for a mere five minutes and this is happening. I'm having to help my little brother, wrangle a Demogorgon. Why did it have to come to our yard? Why not go to some pricks yard and eat them? Geez.

"Just please help me! I'm sorry Lana. I just, I didn't know this would happen. And I don't want mom to know what really happened. She can't know. You know that." I shoved him out of the way with my hand in the air for him to be quiet, going to get a baseball bat from my room as some form of protection, not that it would do any good if the thing decides to jump me. A baseball bat to it will be like a toothpick for us!

"Don't ever say I don't love you." He grinned from ear to ear behind all the garb he had on, hearing my sigh of annoyance fill the living room. Last night, was utterly amazing. Why did I have to leave it to come back home? You know, it's funny how someone you really, really want to punch most of the time, turns out to be someone you can't stay off of at the same time. I ended up 'sleeping' at Billy's house. Again. Yeah. I know. I'm a hoe. Sue me.

"Okay. The plan is, i'm going to open my door so he can follow the meat trail I've laid out on the floor. We get him outside and into the basement. Lock him in. And presto!" I sighed in pure frustration at this point, simply following him down the hall and right in front of his bedroom door. I was actually pretty nervous. What if it's at the door and just waiting to pounce?

"Dart! Are you hungry? Come on out!" Suddenly, he pulled his door open and just as quickly as he did that, we took off down the hall and out of the house, noticing just how slowly Dustin was moving because of his damn 'war gear'.

"You look so ridiculous Dust! How do you expect to run from that thing, when you can barely move, Marshmallow Man?!" We just kept running until we got to our little shed that was right next to the opened basement doors, running in and locking the door behind us.

"Where is he? I know he's hungry." My heart was beating incredibly fast, trying to even out my breaths with my bat pressed firmly against my chest. Suddenly, we saw him coming from within the house, following and eating the meat trail all the way to the open basement. But he simply stopped, knowing. He knew we were watching. Those damn things are smarter than they look.

"Shit Dusty....." He covered my mouth in a panic, just as the thing looked our way. I smacked his hand away with a little huff, when I noticed Dart was right on top of the doors.