1. Summer Lovin

{Now}
1985

Life in Hawkins Indiana, has been a whirlwind for the last three years

Life in Hawkins Indiana, has been a whirlwind for the last three years. I've lost. I've loved. I've completely become someone I haven't been in so damn long. And all because I met the one person who aided me. Who seemed to know pain as much as me. I never thought in a million years I would open my heart again. Until Billy Hargrove came into my life.

"Now do a quick turn for your old man." I rolled my eyes from Billy's reflection in the mirror, that smirk of his clear as day on his handsome face. I had just gotten my new swim suit for our summer job at Hawkins Pool. And let me tell you something, my ass was on full display.

"If you like it so much, you wear it sir." He jumped off my bed with a little chuckle, wrapping his arms around my waist with a little nip to my neck. He knew that absolutely drove me insane.

"No need to bite my balls off Henderson." I laughed from his little attitude, loving how we always combat each other in the battle of sarcasm. I drive him absolutely mad with it. He's got the attitude. I got the sarcasm. It's perfect. But can you believe that we didn't always get along? In fact, we used to despise each other.

"Lana! Would you be able to pick up Dusty from camp before you go to work honey?" I smiled from the sound of my moms voice outside my room, happy that Dustin was coming back today. I actually missed the dweeb.

"Yeah mom! No problem!" I whirled around in Billy's arms, both of us all decked out for our lifeguard duties for the summer. But he? He looked absolutely hot as fuck. He put me to shame. He put everybody to shame. Hell, the pool is going to be crawling with women. Shit.....

This was going to be one wild summer. The kids were excited for it. Except they were teenagers! Not even kids anymore. It just.... I can't handle it. Max and Lucas are dating. Mike and Eleven officially started dating. Will is taking it easy and getting back to his life that he missed so much of. Billy and I are dating. Which I didn't think would ever actually happen. We have worked so hard to get to where we are today. We are our own form of therapy for one another. Billy still has the major attitude. But shit. It makes him Billy. And I'm not exactly a goody goody myself.

"You better get your hot ass to the pool. I'm going to get Dustin's party going, bring him to it, and then I'll be there. Don't catch too many women now okay?" I smirked at him, flicking around the whistle on his neck with a heated kiss planted to his lips that were so addictive. He suddenly lifted me up and wrapped my legs around his waist, deepening the kiss without hesitation.

"I wouldn't dream of it." We walked out of my room just like this, hearing the sudden protests from everyone. I couldn't help but laugh my ass off. I loved them.

"I don't want to see you two sucking each other's faces off." Max's little eye roll and words caused Billy to shoulder bump her on his way out the door. It makes me happy that Billy finally realized how amazing Max is. Things have changed a lot since we first met.

"Okay now guys, listen up! I'm going to get Dustin from Camp Know-Where. You set up everything we planned, and as soon as we're close, I'll give the signal on our walkies. Got it? Oh! And El, do you think we could do something to really freak him? Like make his toys move?" She instantly smiled from the mere idea of it, giving the go ahead.

"You know, this is why we love you Lana. You're an evil genius." Max gave me an instant high five with a smile planted on my face. He was going to shit.

"Alright guys! Behave and all that good crap. Be back soon.... love you.... miss you already!" I rushed for the door after blowing them all a kiss, seeing a hot piece of man meat getting in his car.

"Bye handsome!" I winked at him with a little wave of the hand, seeing his smile that always brings on the flutters. Gosh Lana, you've gone soft.

"Bye beautiful. Behave...." His little warning of sorts had me rolling my eyes with a grin, watching him pull away and out of sight. Things felt absolutely right for the first time in a long time. We were finally happy, working through our problems and trying to get past everything we built to protect ourselves from more pain over the years. I wanted things to stay like this forever. With Billy and I. If only I knew what was to come.