Winter

-I'm gonna start this off with a sorry because I know it's only September while writing this but this does take place around Christmas. I know, it sucks but anyway onto the story.-

Tuesday, December 22nd
Six Weeks Later

Winter break had come along far faster than Draco had thought. Not that he nor anyone else was complaining. A nice, long break from school. From all the social pressure, from the secrets, from the stress. They all needed this break and badly. Especially Malfoy and Potter.

"You ready?" Draco turns his attention to the other man. He had been helping him pack up what he needed for break, knowing he was forgetful. "Just about." Harry responds before sliding his bag over his shoulder. "Alright, now I'm all good." Draco had decided that it would be a good idea to invite him over for the holidays. He knew of the home situation and wasn't about to allow him to go with them. Christmas was a time where they were meant to be carefree and happy. "Okay, my Mom said she'll be waiting outside for us when we get off the train. I think you'll like her. She's really sweet." "I'll take your word for it."

Going down to where everyone was waiting, Draco could easily spot his friends. Actually both his and Harry's group of friends were around the same spot. "Hey, guys!" He greeted as the two approached. "Hey, Draco. I see you're going to bunk together for the ride? Better not be planning anything." Blaise said with a sly smirk. "You say that as if you and Neville aren't the ones always in trouble for those things." The blonde replied, shooting him a look. "Easy, boys." Pansy chimed in, "Don't kill eachother yet, we haven't even gotten on the train." Blaise just shrugged, "It's all in good fun, Pantastic. We're fine."

Draco took his attention away from them to look at Harry who was chatting with Neville, Ron and Hermione. He didn't even listen to the conversation, just watching his lips move. "You guys are really cute together, y'know." Blaise leaned against Draco, smiling. "Oh, please. We're not even official. I'm taking care of him but outside of that, we've only been on one date. I wouldn't exactly..call him my boyfriend." The man sighed. He really didnt know what to call their relationship. Complicated was the best word he could find but still, he knew he loved him. Harry wouldn't have agreed on a date if he hadn't. "You're overthinking again, Blondie." Pansy poked his cheek. "Yes, well, it's what I do best.."

The train could be heard pulling in and once it stopped, students began flooding in. They were just lucky enough to all get seats across from eachother. Harry, Draco, Blaise and Neville were in one while Hermione, Pansy and Ron were in the other. "Sorry you have to be such a third wheel, Ron, we'll try not to kiss too much." Pansy looked at Hermione, squeezing her hand a bit to which she kisses Pansy's cheek. Seems Gryffindors were building a reputation of being with Slytherins. "But bunking with us is better than PDA official over there." Pansy gestures to Neville and Blaise who were already all over eachother. "Kind of feel bad for Harry and Draco."

"So how long have you two been together for?" Harry asks softly, smiling at them. "About..two years. I mean we've been in love for longer but it was only declared two years ago. Best two years ever." Blaise snuggled upto Neville, the other smiling shyly. "You guys are so cheesy. But its cute." Draco moves a bit, putting an arm across the seat so it was around Harry. Keeping it subtle. "You'll make sure to stop by at some point right? My Mom said our door is always open. Not like we dont have the room. She likes to tell me that the only reason our home is so big is because we used to house anybody who needed it. We still do, just not as many people stop by now. I blame my Father for that. He's so..cold. I wouldnt want to stay either." Harry looked over at Draco sadly before leaning against him to try and give some comfort. "Well he's not here this break, right? So we dont have to worry. I think things will be just fine."

735 Words