Friend Is A Question

Friday, November 6th

Walking out of Potions with Ron and Hermione, Harry chats up a bit before they had to seperate. Unfortunately, he didn't have a class with them this hour.

"I guess I'll see you guys later," You can practically taste the disappointment in his voice. Seemed like they never had classes together anymore. "Oh, cheer up mate- We have a class together next hour" Ron says with a cheerful tone. "Yeah, besides you can hang out with Neville during your freetime." Hermione sends him a soft smile, hoping to make him feel a bit better. "No, he always goes off somewhere this hour. No one really knows where but we don't bother asking. Last time someone questioned him, he got all flustered about it and didn't talk to them for a week." Harry explained to them both with a hidden frown.

He really liked hanging out with Neville. The other boy was sweet and calm, a very good listener. But there was something else digging into Harry that drew him towards Neville more. It was nothing more than a hunch, just an itch that he was like him. With all the baby stuff. There wasn't much to go off of, really just personality. Neville was a bit bubbly at times, easy to entertain, got scared by small things. But it could be chalked up to Neville just being Neville. Either way, Harry still liked spending time with the brunette.

Hermione and Ron say their goodbyes just as Harry is starting to come out of his head. They go and walk away, him letting out a sigh before turning on his heel to begin walking as well. He just drifted through the halls, not really knowing where he was heading. But suddenly, he was stopped by someone.

"Hey there, Potter" Malfoy. "What do you want Malfoy?" He questioned with his brows furrowed in an attempt to come off as intimidating. But of course in reality the boy was just trying not to get in closer to him. "I'm simply saying hello to my favourite Gryiffindor. Is that such a crime nowadays? I wanted to talk to you a bit."

Harry was a bit confused. A lot confused, actually. Last time he had checked, Malfoy and him were enemies. What's with the sudden change of attitude, he wondered. "Alright then..Anything else or can I move on with my day now?" Harry tilts his head to the side a bit, looking him over intently. "Well, Potter, I was thinking some and maybe we could start over. A redo. I'm getting real sick of the fighting. We're fifteen now, almost sixteen. I think we should be putting this behind us. So, I'd like to be your friend."

Was he hearing this correctly? Malfoy wants to be his friend? Impossible. At least by his standards. And by just about everyone else's too. "So, Potter? What do you say?" He sticks his hand out for the other to shake.

This is just like first year except this time he didn't insult Ron before asking to be Harry's friend. The brunette supposed he had been nicer to his friend group lately. For the most part, anyway. But he does seem to be trying.

He was hesitant for a moment but grabbed onto his hand, shaking it a bit. 'My god are they soft' Harry thought up but decided to let go before things got awkward. "I think you've made a good choice Potter" He gives him a quick wink and a smile.

And, oh, that made Harry melt, his thoughts remaining on Draco's smile for a moment. He was really quite the charmed when he wasnt being a complete git.

"Potter?" Draco snapped his fingers in front of his face. "Potter, I asked you a question. Don't you ever listen?" Harry looked up, blinking are times before processing what happened to him. "What- Sorry, I zoned out there for a minute." He says, refraining from stuttering out of embarrassment for being caught off gaurd.

Draco sighed, shaking his head a bit. 'He really can be such an oaf sometimes' Draco thought, adjusting his bag a bit on his shoulder. "I asked if you would like to hang out with me tomorrow? You know, since we're friends now?" Harry just gave a nod, smiling a bit. "Right. Of course. That sounds perfect." The blonde flashed his own grin back, happy he had agreed but still trying to contain himself. "Great - How about we meet up after breakfast at the astronomy tower? My friends shouldn't follow me up there so I think it's a solid plan. Dont much care for being pestered by them while I'm busy." Harry gets it, sometimes Ron could be a bit clingy. He loved the guy but still, it was a bit much at times. "Sure, sounds perfect." "Alright, well, I'll see you later then Harry" He called him by his first name. This certainly came as a shock to the brunette. "Okay then-- bye." Then the other just walked away. Maybe they were becoming friends now.

But oh could he feel his cheeks flushing from embarrassment. Draco used his first name. If he was blushing from something as simple as the other calling him by his first name then it was going to be a long Saturday.

856 Words