Chapter 9

Taylor POV

I walked to Hayden's room after he got home and knocked on the door. "Come in." He said and I opened the door. "Hey." I said softly. He was sitting on his bed playing on his phone. "What?'' He said annoyed. "What I can't talk to you anymore?'' I said and he rolled his eyes. "Hayden. What's going on? You're never like this." I said sitting on his bed. "She dosent like me at all. She like Lauren." He said and my fist clenched. "I know. But why are you with her if she dosent like you?" I asked and he looked up ashamed and scared. "She said she would tell everyone about Mom and Dad if I didn't." He said and I hugged him. "No shit." I said rubbing his back soothingly. "I shouldn't care because its not like they cared about us. But I don't want everyone to pitty me because my parents left me." He said crying into my arms. I glanced at the door to see Lauren standing there listening to us. "You should care. I care about it. I don't like they did this to us but they did. The only thing we can do is accept that and move on. I know you feel like everyone will pitty you, and honestly they probably will." I looked over to Lauren and she walked closer knowing I didn't know what to say. "H their gonna do that and their gonna feel like they have to be nice to you because they think your gonna break. But the only thing you can do is, honestly, tell them to shut up and let them know you're not as fragile as they think." She said putting her hand on his back. "I know but I still don't want them to know. It was hard enough having to explain why when my friends came over my parents weren't home or why I live in apartment with my older sister instead of a house." He said still holding onto me. "Why is she making you go out with her? What does this do for her?" I asked confused. "She likes Lauren." He said and my fist clenched. "She does." I said through gritted teeth. "Taylor chill." Lauren said and I looked into her eyes my fist unclenching. "Hayden dont let her control you. You do whatever you want you can let her use you or break it off and eat ice cream all day for a week." I said making him chuckle. "But seriously she's not getting Lauren and its your choice if you let her tell your secret." I said and ruffled his hair. "But if you break it off wait till this weekend." I said and he looked up confused. "Just please don't do it till this weekend." I said and he nodded I stood up and kissed his forehead. "Love you kid." I said and he smiled. "Love you too. Both of you." He said and Laurens face light up. I smiled at the sight of Lauren and Hayden finally making there concoction. Sure they had played around and had a few friendly moments but he never really showed if he liked her or not. She had told me she liked him and he was cool and all before but he never made a effort. She stood up and hugged him. "I love you too H." She said softly and let go of him. We walked out the room. I closed the door and she jumped into my arms hugging me tightly.

"He actually did something!" She whisper-yelled holding onto me. I kissed her cheak and walked up to the kitchen. I sat her on the kitchen counter and kissed her lips softly. "Happy he did something?" I asked and she nodded vigorously. "Extremely happy. Do you have any idea how long I have been waiting for something?" She said jumping a little. "Oh I have an idea." I said grabbing a pot to cook dinner. "Do know what this means? He actually likes me!'' She said smiling. "God you sound like a 13 year old girl who found out her crush likes her.'' I said laughing a little. " I know." She said still smiling. "But this is a big deal." She added and I nodded. "I know." I said and walked over to her. I put my hands next to her and kissed her lips softly. She wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me closer. "I love you." She muttered against my lips softly. "I love you too." I said and pecked her lips again. I walked back over to the food and continued cooking. I felt the two familiar arms wrap around my body and I smiled to myself. "You're really sexy when you're cooking." Lauren said and kissed my cheak. "I am always sexy babe." I said focusing on the food.  I finished about 10 minutes later and her arms where still around my waist following my every move. "Okay dinners ready." I said pecking her lips and walking to Hayden's room. "Hey kid. Dinners ready." I said opening his door. "Okay. I'll be out in a second.'' He said typing at his computer. "Thank you.'' I said and he looked up. "You're welcome." He said smiling. "She literally freaked out.'' I said and he smiled closing his computer. "I heard." He said walking to the door. "I see. So you heard her yelling how you finally did something? She really likes you and you just made her life." I said and we walked out the room. "I didn't do anything I wasn't serious about. But I ment that in the most family love way possible." He said and I rolled my eyes. "I know how you ment it." I said and we walked to the kitchen. Lauren had already made plate for everyone and was making a glass of water.

"Thanks babe." I said taking her water and gulping it down wincing as I did so because of the pain in my throat. "Jackass." She said taking it and filling it back up. "Sorry I'm thirsty." I said and she rolled her eyes. We walked to the table and sat down to eat dinner. "So how was school today?" I asked Hayden and he shrugged. "It was school." He said and I arched an eyebrow. "What happened at school?" I asked and he took a bite of his food. "Its Wensday so we reviewd. Tomorrow I have a quizzes." He said and I nodded. "Are you ready for them?" I asked and he shrugged. "I could be better prepared. But I'm still gonna pass them." He said and I gave him the look. The look that makes him feel bad. "Fine. After dinner I'll study." He said and I smiled. "I know you will." I said and he groaned. Lauren chuckled from beside me and I smiled at her intertwining our fingers. Dinner was over about 20 minutes later and I took the plates to the kitchen. I began washing them while Hayden did his studying at the table.

Laurens arms wrapped around my body and kissed my cheak. "Hey." She whispered into my ear. "Hey." I said continuing to watch the dishes. "Are you almost done?" She asked trailing her hands down my body. "Yeah. But not tonight. Okay?" I said and she nodded. "Okay. Whatever you want." She said and kissed my cheak again. "I love you." I said softly. "I love you too." She said and pecked my lips. "Are you okay?" She asked me and I nodded. "Yeah. I'm just tired. Its been a long day." I said and she pressed her hand to my forehead. "Are you hot or cold?" She asked me concerned. "Hot." I said and she walked off. She came back with the thermometer. "Open." She said and I opened my mouth. She put it underneath my tounge and I continued washing dishes. The small white device beeped a few seconds later and Lauren took it out. Her eyes went wide. "What?" I said looking at it. "Oh shit.'' I said looking at the 101° placed across the small screen. "Throat hurt?" She asked a I shrugged. "A little." I said and she sighed. "You're sick. You're not going to school tomorrow." She said leaning against the counter. "But I've gone to school like this before." I whinnied and she shook her head. "No. You're not going to school." She said and I nodded looking back at the dishes. "How is Hayden getting to school?" I asked her and she looked up at me. "I'll take him." She said shrugging and walked off. I finished the dishes and dried my hands. I walked to the table and sat next to Lauren. I put my head on her shoulder and Hayden look up at us. "So Laurens taking me to school?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah cause I'm sick." I said rolling my eyes. "Cool." He said and Lauren poked me. "You are sick." She said and I groaned. "I'm not- *cough* never mind." I said standing up. "I'm going to bed." I said and Hayden nodded as Laurens stood up. "Bed at 10." I said to Hayden and he nodded. "I know." He said and we walked to my room.

"Are you really upset I'm not letting you go to school?'' She asked closing the door. "No. I'm gonna be so bored though. I know I'm sick and I hate being sick." I said pulling off my shirt and pants. I layed on the bed and Lauren turned off the light after taking off her cloths. She crawled into bed and wrapped her arms around my waist making me feel safe and secure. "Is this how you feel every night I hold you?" I asked and she arched an eyebrow. "Like what?" She asked me softly. "Safe." I said and she smiled. "Yeah." She whispered and pecked my lips. "I like it." I said and snuggled closer into her arms. "Good night beautiful. I love you." I whispered. "Good night babe. I love you too." She said and kissed my cheak. "Wake me up before you leave." I said softly. "Okay. I will." She said and kept me close. "Don't forget to tell Hayden to take his medicine." I said and she hummed in response. "He has to take them for his depression. You know the one he won't admit too." I said yawning. "I know. Go to sleep." She whispered soothingly into my ear. I nodded and buried my face into her chest. "Good night." I whispered softly. "Good night." She said holding me.

I feel asleep in her arms with a small smile on my lips. I could get used to this.