Chapter 20

Lauren POV

I woke up due to the small light shining through the window. I sat up and crawled out of Taylors grasp. I grabbed a pair of sweat pants from our bags and walked downstairs letting Taylor sleep since it was only seven. I walked into the kitchen and made a cup of coffee leaning against the counter.

"Good morning Laur." My mom said walking into the kitchen making coffee for her also. "Morning." I said softly to her sipping at the hot coffee. "Taylor sleeping?" She asked me and I nodded. "She's not a morning person." I said and she smiled. "She's gonna be around a while isn't she?" My Mom asked me and I smiled. "Yeah she is." I said and she put her hand over mine. "Good. She's wroth keeping around." She said as Taylor walked downstairs in basketball shorts and a tank top rubbing her eyes. "Morning." She mumbled walked to us. "Morning." My and my mom said in sync making Taylor smile. "Is that coffee?" She asked taking my cup and taking a sip of it. "Mhm want some?" I asked and she smiled. "Nah I'll take this one. I don't like it when its really hot." Taylor said with a wink making me roll my eyes. I made me another cup and leaned against Taylor body.

-

It was time for the funeral and we where standing at the grave. I was standing in Taylors arms close to tears. "Its okay to cry." She whispered to me and I shook my head. "I already cried for her. Now I have to stay strong." I said softly and she nodded holding onto me. 'I'm sorry for your loss.' 'She didn't deserve it.' 'Stay strong for your family.' People kept saying over and over again with no meaning in their voice. But then I saw her. "Lauren I-" I stopped her from talking and hugged her quickly. "I've missed you so much." I said to my best friend I hadn't talked to in the past year and a half. "I missed you too." Lily whispered to me hugging me tight. "Babe we are heading back to the house soon. Did you want to stay a little longer?" Taylor asked putting her hand on my back. "Babe?" Lily asked me leaning back from our tight embrace. "Yeah. Lily this is Taylor, my fiance. Taylor this is-" "Your best friend since preschool right? You talk about her all the time." Taylor said and I smiled. "Yes. This is her." I said and Lily looked at us with wide eyes. "What the hell Laur?" She asked hitting my arm playfully. "How did you get that," she motioned at Taylor. "Get you." She said in shock. "She's not the lucky one. Just saying." Taylor said putting her arms around me. "Aww." Lily said smiling at us.

"Lauren! Taylor! We are leaving." Frankie said walking over to us and smiled at us. "Are you coming?" I asked Lily and she nodded. "If you want me too." She said and I pulled her hand with me and Taylor. "Holy shit Lauren." Lily said and lifted up my left hand looking at the ring. I looked down then up at Taylor. "Holy shit Taylor." Lily said looking up at the love of my life. Taylor just smiled and shook her head walking. We all three got into my car and drove back to my parents house. "Who's the kid?" Lily asked from the backseat looking at a picture on the counsel of Hayden, Taylor, and me. "Um thats Haydeny, little brother." Taylor said and reached for her phone. "I never called him last night to check on him." Taylor said and pulled out her phone and connecting it to the GPS system in the car.

"Hey T." Hayden said softly. "What's wrong?" Taylor asked concerned. "But I should tell you your on speaker and its not just me and Lauren." Taylor said sitting up in her seat. "Well then I'll tell you later.'' He said and Taylor rolled her eyes. "Fine later. So what's up?" Taylor asked him. "Nothing really. I just woke up a little but ago." He said and Taylor looked at the clock. "Its 12 in the afternoon. You never- what time did you go to bed?" She asked him annoyed. "Around 1 but I was waiting on you to call me." He said defensively.  "Okay fine that was my fault. We where tired and once we got there I literally met her family and went to sleep." Taylor said in the same manner. "Oh yeah how did that go?" He asked her and she looked at me. "Pretty great actually." She said to me more than Hayden. "Cool. So how was the thing today?" He asked and Taylor smiled. "Not as bad as I thought it would go. You remember the girl Lauren always talks about?" Taylor asked glancing at Lily. "You mean the only person from when she was a kid she talks about. Then yeah I remember." He said and I rolled my eyes. "I met her today." Taylor said smirking. "Cool." Hayden said and I rolled my eyes. "Okay we are about to pull into her parents house. Um I'll call you when we are on the way back tomorrow. Love you!" Taylor said to him. "Love you too T." He said back and with quick 'byes' they hung up.