Chapter 1

Taylor POV

I woke up to my alarm clock ringing in my ears. I groaned and slammed my fist onto the alarm clock. I sat up and got out of bed slowly. I made my way to the bathroom and got into the shower. I quickly let the warm water take over my body. I washed my hair and body then got out the shower. I wrapped my hair in a towel then dried my body. I put back on my black bra then grabbed a pair of underwear. I slid them on then grabbed white skinny jeans and a black v-neck. I grabbed my red leather jacket and pulled on red converse. I walked back to the bathroom to do my hair. I let my hair out the towel and brushed it out quickly. I walked to my room to grabbed my phone and bag after putting on my black beanie that said 'Awkward' in red writing. I ran down the stairs and saw my brother and parents eating breakfast. "Hey T. Can you take me to school?" My little brother Hayden said, he is 14. "Yeah sure. Are you ready?" I asked and he nodded eating his cereal. "Well I'm leaving in 2 minutes." I said and he jumped up running upstairs. I grabbed a glass and put orange juice in it. "When will you guys be home today? Is it another late night at the office?" I asked my parents. They where never home, my Mom working late to stay away from my Dad and my Dad getting drunk. "Taylor you-" I put out my hand. "Don't make excuses. I need money to get dinner tonight." I said and my Dad gave me a hundred. "I am going on a buisness trip this week." He said and and got up. You could smell the achool on his body. "Sure. What about you? Working late every night?" I asked and she nodded. "Fine. Hayden let's go!" I yelled up the stairs and he came running. "I'm ready." He said and I looked over his outfit. "Skinny jeans and flip flops?" I asked and he groaned. "Come on." I said and we ran upstairs. "Okay the skinny jeans and red shirt is good. Put on your Nike's and a snapback. I'll be back." I said and he nodded. I went to my room and grabbed my white leather jacket. "Here. You can wear this." I said and he put it on. "There now you look good." I said and he looked into the mirror smiling. "Thanks T." He said as we walked out the room. "Any time kid." I said and we walked out the house.

"Are Mom and Dad gonna be home tonight?" He asked me sadly. "No they won't. But we are gonna get pizza for dinner if thats cool with you." I said and he nodded. "Thats cool. I just wish they where home sometimes." He said and looked out the window. "Its gonna be okay. They'll get over there self soon." I said and put my hand on his shoulder. "I know I just miss how it used to be." He said and I nodded. "Me too." I said and pulled into the school. "Alright. Have a good day at school. I love you." I said and he opened the door. "Okay love you too." He said and closed the door. I watched him put a smile on his face and walk to his friends giving them high fives.

I drove off and went to my school. I parked my car in the back of the lot and turned it off. I got out and walked into the school. No one looked at me or talked to me. I was used to it. I found my locker and put my stuff away. I looked at my schedule and saw I only had 4 classes this year.

Math: Mr. Davis
English: Mrs. Miller
Poetry: Mrs. Miller
Science: Mr. Corey

I didn't like Mr. Corey because he was really rude and sarcastic. Mr. Davis gives you work then leaves you alone but he let's you listen to music. I've never heard of Mrs. Miller before. She must be one of the new teachers they where talking about. I closed my locker and leaned against it waiting for the bell to ring. I stood there for about 2 minutes, not talking to anyone and no one talking to me. It was always this way for me. I was honestly to mature for the kids here. I understood things kids my age shouldn't, not like sexual things. I was always mentally and emotionally ahead of kids here. The bell finally rang and I walked to Mr. Davis class. I took my seat all the way in the back away from everyone. I sat there and waited for class to begin. Once it started he gave us our usual first day introduction. I stayed quiet and no one asked me anything.