An Exorcism

-Effy's P.O.V-
We both lay next to each other, naked and under the duvet with small sweats on our brows. That was the best experience of my life. I had finally lost my virginity to the love of my life and death. I looked over at Tate and saw he was laying on his back with his eyes closed. Not sleeping, just relaxing, thinking maybe. I turned over and snuggled up to him, feeling his once before cold to the living but warm to the dead, skin. His eyes flickered open and he looked down to me with a smile.
"Did it hurt?" he asked. I shook my head slightly.
"I don't feel pain anymore." I smiled to him. He turned himself over so we were both staring face on. Everything felt so perfect. Being dead, spending the rest of eternity with him.
"You're so beautiful." Tate whispered to me as he stroked my cheek. I smiled and cherished his existence. "But Effy," he began. "I need to do one last thing for us to be completely happy."
"What is that?" I asked.
"Let me find your body. Please." Tate suggested again. He was almost begging me now and I knew he wasn't going to give up. I didn't care that much but Tate did a lot. I thought about it for a second or two and finally came to a decision.
"Okay, Tate. I'll let you find my body." I agreed. A smile spread onto Tate's face and then he rolled over so he was on top of me.
"Thank you! Thank you!" he said, happily and kissing my neck whilst I laughed. He then jumped off of me and out of the bed and started gathering up his clothes from the floor. I sat myself up and watched his naked body prance around my bedroom. He tried to dress himself as quick as he could whilst I smiled to myself at how happy he was over finding my dead body. A bit weird actually...
"Well, what you waiting for?" Tate spoke, lastly putting his shoes on. I turned my head in confusion. "You're coming with me, Effy."
"Really?" I asked.
"Yeah! Come on girl, get yo' clothes on!" he spoke, excited as he picked my clothes up off the floor and threw them at me, purposely trying to throw them on top of my head. I sat there laughing pulling the clothes off of my face and then smiled at Tate. "Come on!" he encouraged with a big smile. I had never seen him so full of life before. I sighed and then climbed out of bed, completely naked and began dressing myself. I could feel Tate's eyes on my body as I dressed, making me blush a little.
After myself and Tate were fully dressed, we made our way downstairs as first of all we agreed to look in the basement. As we came down the stairs I saw a load if suitcases by the front door which made me a little confused.
"Lawrence! Come on!" I heard my mom shout in the kitchen. "We're going to miss the flight!" I looked up at Tate with a confused look as he looked down at me in the same way. I decided to lead into the kitchen to see what was going on.
"Mom?" I called as I stepped in the kitchen. My mom was standing there in bright holiday clothes with sunglasses and a sun hat on.
"Effy! Oh darling, why didn't you wake us!" she cried to me.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"Our holiday is today, mine and your fathers luxury holiday is today and we completely forgot about it as we have been hungover!" she panicked. I suddenly remembered they had planned a holiday, forgot that it was this soon though.
"Oh yeah." I spoke.
"Rose, have you got the tickets?!" cried dad as he came flying down the stairs in also bright holiday clothes and sunglasses.
"Of course I do, are we ready?" hurried mom. She rushed over to me and kissed both sides of my cheeks. "Moira is doing laundry at the moment so don't worry, you and her will be fine here for a week. Love you, Ta Ta!" said my mom in a rush, quickly leaving my side to the suitcases.
"Don't get into any trouble and stay away from that Tate guy okay? Love you pumpkin, sorry it's so soon but we forgot about this holiday too, haha! Bye!" said my dad, also trying to leave quickly. My parents grabbed their suitcases and slammed the door shut. I stood there in silence with my mouth open slightly at how fast everything just happened. My parents didn't really give me a proper goodbye, they just kinda left me. Like they always do. I turned and looked at Tate and he looked just as surprised as me.
"What even happened?" he asked, breaking the silence.
"I have no idea." I started. "Hey, how come my parents didn't even notice you? My dad just spoke about you like you weren't even here?" I asked, puzzled.
"We can do this thing where you can show yourself or hide yourself. I hid myself as it would of been less hassle for you as I know your dad doesn't like me hanging around with you." laughed Tate.
"Well, he doesn't have a choice anymore." I smiled. Tate smiled back and looked down.
"So, to the basement?" he suggested, holding his hand out to me.
"To the basement." I smiled, grabbing his hand.
Myself and Tate made it to the basement grounds and saw it was empty, for now.
"Just start looking around, if you see anything dodgy, call me over." said Tate. I nodded my head.