Blood Bath

-Effy's P.O.V-
I woke up to the smell of a fry up filling my nose. I sat myself up and saw Tate was no longer by my side which sent a little shock of worry through me until I looked straight ahead of me and saw Tate at the end of my bed with a tray of breakfast for me.
"Uh, your parents are passed out in their room, I think they have a hangover or something so I went ahead downstairs and helped Moira prepare you breakfast." Tate smiled. I giggled to myself and wiped my face. I threw the duvet off of me to reveal myself in my white jumper which now had red blood stains on it and my bare legs which had bruises on and a new plaster which had been placed over a cut on my knee. I brought my knee up to myself and started patting the plaster. Tate placed the tray on my desk and walked over and sat by my side. "I covered the wound so that you wouldn't get blood anywhere on your bed." he smiled.
"Thank you." I replied, kissing his cheek.
"I really like the white on you by the way, it brightens you up. You look cute." blushed Tate.
"Thank you, this is ruined though. I have blood on it, that won't come out." I said, a little disappointed. Tate thought for a second and then looked up at me. He snapped his fingers with a thought.
"Hey, why don't I buy you something nice? New white jumper? Oh! A new white dress, that'll look adorable." suggested Tate with a huge smile. I laughed with happiness.
"Tate, you don't have to do that! Also, can you leave the house? I mean, you're dead?" I asked, trying to say it casually and politely. He smiled at me and then jumped up.
"I died in the house but my body isn't buried here. I can come and go as I please." Tate explained.
"Then why don't you leave?" I asked, trying to sound cute and innocent. Tate went to walk towards the door and then turned back to look at me.
"Because you're here." he smiled at me. I looked down and smiled to myself, blushing. "I won't be long, I'm going to get you a nice white dress." he laughed before opening the door and leaving. Tate must of really liked me in a change of colour or shade, whatever. I sat in bed playing around with my hair until suddenly my bedroom door swung open again.
"You know what, I forgot to do this and I feel so bad." said Tate rushing back in. He jumped onto the bed and flopped his body on top of mine which knocked me back. I started laughing as he started nibbling my neck and making weird noises. He then faced me and had a smile upon his face. "I love you." he whispered to me. I lifted my head up and kissed his lips.
"I love you too." I whispered back. Tate smiled one last time before jumping back off of me and rushing out the room, heading out to get me that dress.
I decided to dress myself a while after Tate left, make myself look nice for him. I wore my short, black summer dress along with my floppy summer hat and red lipstick. Just as I placed my hat in position on my head, I heard footsteps outside my door. I immediately thought it was Tate so a smile came to my face. I brought myself over to the door but just as I placed my hand on the handle, I heard crying coming from the other side of the door. A woman crying. Maybe it was mom? I opened up the door to find no one there. I stepped outside of my room and scanned the hallways until my eyes caught sight on the stairs. I saw a woman walking down them, crying into her hands. She wore old clothes, posh clothes and had blonde hair. But what caught my attention was the hole through the back of her head, as if someone had shot her. I didn't freak out as much as I knew she must of been one if the ghosts' in this house. I started to walk towards the stairs, slowly, as she made her way down them.
"Hello? Are you alright?" I asked as I got half way down the stairs. The woman stopped at the bottom of the stairs and turned around to face me. She had tears running down her face and was holding a hanky.
"My baby. I want my baby." she cried.
"What's your name?" I asked, walking down the rest of the stairs towards her, slowly.
"Nora. Nora Montgomery. Please, help me find my baby. I want my baby." she blubbed at me. I knew her straight away. Nora and Charles Montogomery were the original owners of 'Murder House'.
"Hello Nora, I'm Effy. And sure, I'll help you find your baby." I answered, approaching her.
"Oh thank you, sweet girl. Thank you, thank you! The last saw him was in the basement, will you come help me look?" she asked with teary eyes. I gave her a small smile and nodded. She then tried to smile back and then led the way down to the basement, rushing ahead of me. I followed her down the basement stairs, with her always a couple metres ahead of me. I watched her rush off into the shadows of the basement just as I left the bottom step.
"Nora? Where'd you go? Nora?" I asked, being careful not to go in the shadows as I now knew
about Thaddeus. All of a sudden, the basement door slammed shut which made me jump around. Hayden was standing at the top of the stairs.
"Hello again, Effy." spoke Hayden. Fear suddenly took over my body as my mouth opened slightly.
"Stay away from me." I spoke sternly.
"It's such a shame that you didn't die when myself and Violet were doing you a favour." she continued.
"Tate! Help! Tate, come back!" I cried out loud.
"Tate isn't here." I heard a voice behind me. I spun around again and saw Violet stood there, smoking. "Theres no one here for you at the moment."
"Nora!" I cried into the shadows. Crying of a baby started as Nora slowly emerged from the shadows. Nora came out with a smile on her face and a crying baby in her arms.
"I found him." she said with an evil smile.
"You look after him, Nora." spoke Violet, sternly to Nora.
"What is going on?" I asked, confused and frightened.
"You rejected our present." spoke Hayden.
"What? What present?" I asked. Hayden laughed.
"We tried to give you the gift of death, but sadly Tate took that away from you." spoke Violet.
"What the hell is going on!?" I screamed at them.
"Put it this way Effy, you can't be with Tate. You are the living and he is the dead, just like me, just like Violet and just like Nora. You can't be with him." she explained. My mouth opened slightly. "You're beat anyway, what's with your get up?"
"Yeah, goth girls are boring and usually ugly, oops. Tate probably just feels sorry for you, being a darling to you for pity." added Violet.
"You're going to be his pity fuck." snapped Hayden.
"What? Why are you saying this?" I asked as I felt my bottom lip begin to tremble.
"Are you going to cry? Oh Hayden, we're bullying her!" laughed Violet. Hayden started pushing me and kicking me as they both laughed and Nora watched with a smile.
"Stop it!" I screamed.
"Tate doesn't love you, your parents don't love you. You're nothing, you're trash. You're better off dead!" yelled Hayden at me. Violet shoved me hard enough so I lost balance and hit the floor. Violet bent down to me and leaned in towards my face. I felt a tear slowly fall down my cheek.
"Tate loved me. Tate was my boyfriend. If you want him, kill yourself." spoke Violet in a sinister tone. She stood herself up and stepped away from me. "Go." she spoke to me, pointing towards the stairs. I scrabbled to my feet and slung my hand onto my mouth as I cried my eyes out, rushing out of the basement. I kept running until I finally got upstairs, ran into the bathroom and then slammed the bathroom door shut. I ran over to the mirror and looked at myself. All I saw was an ugly, depressed goth who needed to get her life together. I swung open one of the cabinet doors and found sleeping pills. I opened up the whole bottle and poured them into my mouth whilst Violet an Hayden's ugly words swam around in my head, causing emotional pain. I swallowed down the whole bottle of tablets and them started freaking out. I threw the empty bottle on the floor and then shoved everything off of the bathroom sides whilst screaming. I then went over to the bathtub and ripped down the shower curtains, throwing them aside and then flung on the taps, starting to fill the bath with water. I went back over to the bathroom cabinets in search for a razor. My hands found my dad razor and without thinking, I smacked it against the sink, breaking it so the blades were free. I them grabbed a blade and placed it on the edge of the bath. I started pulling off all of my clothes, with tears madly running down my face still, until I was completely naked. I looked at myself in the mirror and only saw ugliness. I had makeup smudged down my face, bruises on my legs and bruising around my neck. I screamed and then turned around to the bathtub, watching as the tub quickly filled. When the bathtub was almost filled to the very top, I slammed the taps off and then climbed in, letting the water consume my body. By this time I had stopped crying but felt a dead expression take over my face. An expression of rejection and loneliness. A shine caught my eye on the edge of the bathtub and that's when I spotted the razor blade I had placed there. I leaned forward and grabbed it. Hayden and Violet were right, maybe I should just kill myself. I knew that my parents didn't love me and I was starting to convince myself that Tate didn't love me. I raised my left arm and held the blade in my right.
"Down the road not across the street." I whispered to myself. I then placed the blade to my wrist and pressed hard so that it pierced deep into the skin and then I dragged the blade down. Blood started spurting out of my wrist, spraying onto my face and dripping down into the water. I then swapped hands and did the exact same to my other wrist. I had dug two, long, deep cuts into my wrists and I was already starting to feel a little woozy. I could feel that I was loosing a lot of blood, fast, as the water started to turn dark red. "Blood bath." I whispered to myself as I started to feel myself black out. The room became dark and my eyelids became heavy. I could feel my pulse slowing down and was finding it harder to breathe. The last thing I knew, my head dropped underneath the water into pitch black.