••☆ Chapter 20: "Rich Guy" (Part1) ☆••

Start from the beginning

She spent hours walking around, but she didn't find anything. She had no idea what a person in love with her would want to receive as a present.

She was about to leave, when something suddenly popped up in her mind. She hurried back and bought her materials.

After that, she went to a photo shop and requested for a layout. Once settled, she headed back home feeling confident in her plan.

As she was walking on the sidewalk, she spotted a grey van parked in front of the gate. When she reached the entrance to the guardhouse, she saw a man in the driver's seat looking at the house. Then, he shifted his eyes to her. She quickly ignored him and proceeded on her way inside.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

On Christmas Eve, Mr. and Mrs. Walton came home to celebrate. That night, they gathered around the dining table. It was full of lavish foods and drinks. Rose was invited to join them.

Mr. Walton opened a bottle of wine and gave each of them a glass. "Cheers for another splendid year in our family."

They raised their glasses, then they took a sip of their wine.

After their dinner, Dylan told Rose to go to his room at exactly twelve midnight. She suspected it was about the gift he asked for.

After she took a shower, she wore her night clothes and put on her long coat. Then, she went out of her room bringing her gift for him. When she reached his bedroom door, she knocked.

"Come in!" Dylan yelled.

When she entered, she found him on his bed leaning against the headboard. "Is this about the gift you requested?"

"Yup" he answered. "What you got for me?" he asked, sounding very excited.

"A box" she answered.

"Box? ...Box of what?" he asked in a confused tone.

"For now, you will only receive a box from me. Open it when your sight is back. I will leave it on your table." she told him.

"What's in the box?" he asked again, sounding very curious.

"Can't tell ya. Find it out yourself." she answered.

"That's a long suspense... but okay. The important thing is you got me something for Christmas." he said.

"Can I go back to my room now?" she asked.

"Wait, I have something for you too." he told her. "Come here, sit on the bed."

"I didn't ask for a gift from you." she replied.

"You got me a gift, so you should receive something from me too. Now, come here." he called again.

She approached him and sat on the edge of the bed. "Okay, I'm here."

He pulled out a big maroon box under his blanket and gave it to her. "Careful, it's heavy."

She put it down on the bed. "Yeah, it's heavy. What's in it?"

"Why don't you open it." he told her.

She did. When she removed the cover, she found a black case inside it. She traced the buckles and unlocked them.

When she opened it, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. It was a complete set of photography camera with different sizes of lenses, a tripod stand, and memory cards.