Chapter 17

Everyone at the barbecue stayed silent, the only noise being the sizzling of the meat cooking as everyone seemed afraid and confused. "W-What going on?" Dottie questions, "Starlight is closed?" Daniel questions as he tightens his grip around Blaze's hand. "Do you think it has to do with us?" Melissa questions, although her gut was telling her that she was correct.

"What are we going to do?" Kim questions as everyone was starting to panic, "Everyone," Derek calls, grabbing everyone's attention as they all turn to him. "What we need to do is move. They announced that guards will be coming to the island, so it's best to move away from the resort if they're going to do a search," Derek explains. "Why would they be doing a search? There's no way that the ultima secret could have been released?"  Lucinda questions as a nervous pit forms in Derek's stomach.

"I...I don't know, but what I do know is that we could all be in danger, so we should leave. There's a hotel close to Starlight Adventure, we could stay there until we plan something," Derek explains. "Should we go tomorrow?" Rachel asks, "But what about our plans on going to the heart of Starlight?" Melissa questions. "Moving to hide in the Heart of Starlight probably wouldn't be a good idea. If the guards do a search there, then there wouldn't be any place to escape. If we stay here, we can move around the island and avoid the guards," Derek explains.

"We have to move now. It's perfect timing as well since we already have everything packed up," Derek adds as everyone just seemed uncertain. "What if it has nothing to do with us?" Ryland questions, "We can't be certain, we need to take every possibility we can. Now, I'm going to book us a floor at the hotel, someone should call Aaron and Aphmau. We'll all gather together in the living room once we're ready to move," Derek explains.

"We should also clean up, the barbecue has seemed to sadly come to an end," Garroth adds as again everyone agrees and starts to help clean up. Zane grabs Garroth and pulls him to a corner, keeping his voice down as he spoke, "Garroth I have a bad feeling about this," Zane states, "You don't say," Garroth responds. Zane shakes his head, "No I mean, everything that can go wrong is going wrong. The book is missing and now the island is in lockdown. Something terrible is going to happen and we need to find a fast way out of his island," Zane explains, seeming to start panic as he felt like he couldn't breathe.

"Look, I understand, I'm afraid too, but there's not much we can do. The safest option for us is to move out of here," Garroth explains and Zane nods. "I am very certain that this has to do with the ultima secret," Zane says, "I understand, but then again, how could the secret be let out, no one knows," Garroth explains. "What about Travis? What if he figured it out?" Zane questions, "It's possible, but I don't think Travis is the type to go for an "urban legend", he should at least try to be logical, even if the legend is true," Garroth explains as he tries to help Zane relax.

"You're right, I should call Aphmau," Zane says and leaves the rooftop, going downstairs and takes out his phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a couple of hours, everyone was gathered together in the living room, waiting for Derek as Aaron seemed panicked, wanting answers right away. Everyone turns when hearing Derek walk in as Aaron quickly gets up from the couch and walks over to him, "Dad, what is going on? Why is the island getting locked down and why do we have to leave?" Aaron questions, questions that Derek has answers to, but was to afraid to answers.

Feeling shame and guilt weigh on him, he just couldn't seem to say, "I don't know, but I'm just trying to protect everyone, and right now moving homes is just the best options so we don't get into any trouble when the guards come," Derek lies, the shame and guilt seeming to weigh heavier on him. Before Aaron could say anything more, Derek walks pass him, already having his suitcase in hand, "Alright then, we better get going," was all Derek says before walking out the door.