"Oh." Richelle replies, the word practically becoming stuck in her throat before making an appearance in the form of a tiny squeak. "Oh."

"Yeah." Piper replies awkwardly, shuffling her feet. She rings her hands together in attempt to disguise her nerves, but Richelle can still detect the slight shake in them.

Richelle stares at her friend for a second longer, suddenly realising how small and completely out of control Piper looks at this exact moment, and then sighs. "Well, that's okay. We can deal with this. I have some tests in the bathroom if you want to use one."

Piper draws her bottom lip in between her teeth, and her eyes are glistening when she finally allows her eyes to meet with Richelle's. "I can't," she whispers, shaking her head. "I'm... really scared." It's almost as though, Richelle notes, she physically struggles to say the words. As though she is repulsed by admitting she is afraid.

"Piper," Richelle says sympathetically, taking a few steps forward until she is standing directly in front of her friend. "It's okay to feel scared, but you don't have to be." She pauses, reaching out to place a hand on Piper's shoulder, slightly in shock as to why she had came her, not to Amy, or even Riley. But it wasn't time to question her, Richelle just needed to be supportive. "Whatever that test says, I'll be here for you, okay? No matter what happens."

"But what if it's positive?" Piper asks very quietly. She briefly glances at Richelle's hand where it rests on her shoulder doesn't do anything to remove it.

Richelle smiles sadly, her face softening. "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, m'kay."

Piper stares at Richelle for a moment longer before nodding in agreement. "Fine." She says, reaching up abruptly to wipe the tears from her eyes, causing Richelle to notice the tears in her own eyes and discreetly blink them away. "Let's do it, I guess."

~~~

"Pipes? You alright in there?"

Richelle knocks timidly on the bathroom door, remembering a time not so long ago when Emily was doing the same for her as she chewed on her bottom lip nervously. It's been ten minutes since Piper entered the bathroom, and the test only takes three to show results.

"Uh, yeah. Come in."

Richelle feels a flood of immediate relief hit her as she opens the door quickly, stepping inside the bright bathroom. Piper still has her back to her so Richelle can't see her face, but she seems to be fairly calm which she can only assume is a good thing.

"So, what does it say?" Richelle asks, trying not to jump to conclusions.

"Um," Piper hums quietly. Richelle watches nervously as she picks up the test, as though double checking the results, before she turns around to face her. Piper's face is even paler than it was before if that is actually possible. "Um, it's positive. I'm pregnant."

"Oh." Richelle says for what feels like the thousandth time tonight.

Piper's expression cracks slowly, her eyebrows drawing together first, followed by her lips curving downwards into a frown, and then finally, a tear rolls down her cheek and she releases a single, heart-throbbing, gut-wrenching sob.

"Oh! Piper!" Richelle exclaims, covering her mouth with her hand. "It's okay." She rushes towards her friend, opening her arms. Piper needs no encouragement before falling into Richelle's embrace—something she rarely offered to anyone—her body quivering. "It's okay."

Carefully, Richelle pulls Piper down to the ground with her, lowering them both into a sitting position without having to remove her friend's head from her chest. They stay there for a while, Piper wrapped in Richelle's arms as she sobs, the blonde stroking her hair, neither of them talking. It's strange, Richelle was definitely used to seeing Piper's feelings (she was an emotional person), but to see her so vulnerable is a shock to the system. Not uncomfortable, though. On the contrary, comforting Piper feels completely natural to Richelle. If it was anyone else, you can bet money that this wouldn't be the situation, but this was Piper, her Preschool Best Friend. Since Richelle had known her, Piper has been one of her main support systems, and Richelle—though she would never admit it to her face—considered her one of her best friends. It is clear to her, sitting in the middle of her bathroom floor while Piper's tears soaked through her sweater, that she would do absolutely anything for her friend. Anything at all.