e p i s o d e 1 - ix

Ramshackle Dorm – Your Room

Your eyes opened, you were standing in a familiar looking rose garden. It was still messy with red paint dripping everywhere.

‘Again…?’ You looked around and there in front, stood the Queen of Hearts herself, she was looking around the garden, scanning through her rose bushes thoroughly.

Her face showing no expression, three card guards kneeled behind her, pleading for their lives. She raised her hand, to swipe a finger through a, still wet in red paint, white rose. Her face grew red.

“How dare you defile my roses! You better prepare yourselves!” The red cladded queen bellowed, turning around to glare at the card guards.

“Oh, please spare me, my Queen! The one to blame is him!” One of the card guards, 3 of Clubs to be exact, begged as he pointed at the card on his left side.

“It is not my fault, it’s Ace’s fault!” The 2 of Clubs denied, pointing at the Ace of Clubs instead.

“Was it you?” The Queen sent a pointed look at the said card.

The Ace of Clubs shook its head. “No, my Queen! It was 2!” It pointed at the 2 of Clubs.

“So, it is 2’s doing?” The Queen turned to the 2 of Clubs.

“It is not me, I swear! It’s 3!” The 2 of Clubs denied it again and pointed the blame to the first card.

The Queen grew red. “Enough! Off with your heads, the three of you!” And she revelled in the sounds of her subjects begging and pleading for mercy, for their lives to be spared but yet she turned deaf.

The 2 of Diamonds, walked up to the three cards. “We have no other choice because you got the colors of the roses wrong.” It spoke in a solemn tone.

“Mistaking white for red was a foolish mistake.” The 3 of Spades spoke up as it raises its weapon.

Your eyes widened as the weapon came down to slice the cards in half, but the dream suddenly ended.

“So cruel as always, that's why nobody gets in the way of the red queen. People are selfish in their own unique way, you can't change that in human nature.” With that thought, you decided to catch your sleep again.

~ × ~

Ramshackle Dorm – Lounge

You felt something, someone, shaking you awake.

“Wake up, Y/n. Today is the Unbirthday Party, remember? It’s off with our heads if we’re late.”

You grumbled and groggily sat up, thanking the heavens that you decided to sleep with you cloak on, you weren't ready to let them know your real gender yet.

“I was gonna wake up any… ways…!” You yawned, covering your mouth in the process.

Deuce then turned around. “Hm? It looks like someone’s here.” He stated.

As if on cue, Cater bursted in. “Good morning! How was yesterday’s sleepover? Did you experience youth fully by playing cards and other games?” He was too bright and it was just early morning.

You sighed, rubbing your eyes from sleep.

Ace yawned. “Good morning, Cater-senpai. Yeah, we played some cards. Grim didn’t know the rules so he kept picking old maid.”