p r o l o g u e - xiii

In front of you was a small, abandoned looking cottage, many trees surrounding it, covered with vines and outgrown weeds and plants.

“So this is the Dwarf's Mine...?” Deuce muttered. “It used to be prosperous, thanks to the magic crystal mining but now…”

“It feels so creepy here.” Grim shuddered, looking around the shadowy area. “Feels like something would pop out any second.”

You bonked his head, earning a glare in return as he rubbed the area where you smacked him. “Don't say things like that! You could've jinxed us!” You scolded.

“Oh, there's a house back there. Let's go ask about the mine.” Ace chipped in, gesturing to the cottage.

‘Does this kid have any sense of danger?’ You thought but still followed the three into the cottage.

Dusts and spider webs everywhere, it's even worse than your dorm you had to admit. In the middle of the room was a small, long table with seven little chairs surrounding it. Beside the table is an old looking fireplace that looked like it hadn't been lit since forever.

“This place is just as bad as the Ramshackle dorm, maybe even worse.” You voiced out, hearing it echo.

Deuce knocked on the wooden door. “Good evening…!” Surprise surprise, nobody answered, the boy turned to the three of you and shrugged. “I guess it's really abandoned.”

“Yeah, we figured.” You muttered.

“It's a mess in here.” The blue head commented, scanning the dimly lit room.

“Uwah! I got a spider web in my face!” Grim sputtered, trying to spit out the spider web.

“The table and chairs are too small, don't you think? Are they for kids or something?” Ace pointed out, staring at the said objects. “And why are there so many of them?! One, two, three… seven?!”

‘This uncultured swine doesn't know the seven dwarves? And yet he knows the tale of the Evil Queen?’ You raised a brow.

“This was probably a lively home when Dwarfs' Mine flourished.” Deuce said.

“They did what they had to. After all, magic crystals are found inside coal. For now, let's go check it out.” Ace walked to the assumed direction of the Dwarf's Mine.

‘What did they had to do though?’ You thought as you three followed closely behind the red eyed male.

~ × ~

“We're gonna go into that dark cave?!” Grim gestured to the entrance of the mine.

“What? You scared? So lame.” Ace taunted, staring down at the raccoon cat mockingly.

“What! I ain't scared at all! In fact I'm gonna take the lead! You guys follow me.” Then that cat began his way to the cave.

You three shrugged and follow the dark furred cat in.

It was dim, but you still can see some crystals glimmering in the dark; red, purple, blue, green.

Then Deuce stopped in his tracks. “Wait!” You three looked back confusingly.

“What is it?” Ace asked.

“Something's… there!” Deuce pointed at a random direction, then two ghosts appeared out of thin air.

“Ahh!” Grim ran to hide behind your legs.

‘Damn, that's some strong intuition.’