p r o l o g u e - xv

Crowley was astounded seeing you walking back from the Mirror Chamber and hearing your story. Disbelieved over the fact that you actually got a magic crystal.

“You really went to the Dwarf's Mine to find a magic crystal?”

Deuce, Grim and Ace all made a sound of shock and confusion, all were staring at the headmaster in wide eyes.

“I really didn't think you'd be able to… and to actually brought back a magic crystal. I have already completed the paperwork of your expulsion.” Crowley guiltlessly admitted.

“Wah! The nerve of this guy! He was really going to expell us while we're off fighting some crazy beast!” Grim glared at the indifferent masked male.

That caught Crowley's attention as he turned to look at your group in mild interest.

“Beast, you say?”

“Yes! A really big and crazy strong monster! It was super gross too by the way, it was awful!” Ace asserted, not really giving the complete answer to the headmaster's question.

“Could you explain in more detail when we arrived at my office?”

You nodded and followed the headmaster to the direction of his office. As the five of you got there, you tried your best to explain what happened in a vivid manner with Deuce's help.

“Oh? A mysterious monster living in the mine? And you four worked together to defeat it and bring back a magic crystal?” Crowley asked for confirmation, you nodded silently in the back.

“Well, we didn't really work together…” Ace rubbed his nape and looked down, not wanting to meet eyes with anyone right now.

“It was more like our goals aligned…” Deuce looked to the side, a visible pink tinting his pale cheeks.

“Oh? Oh…? Oh!” Crowley then sobbed, taking you all aback.

‘What the–! What did we do?!’

“Wha! What the heck is wrong with this guy? Suddenly bursting into tears like that…!” Grim stared in complete confusion.

“In all these years that I've been headmaster…” The masked man started. “For the day to come that students from Night Raven College to go hand-in-hand to face and defeat their enemy!” He cried harder, sobbing into his palms.

You didn't know what to do, but since you were the closest to the headmaster, direction wise, you hesitatingly reached your hand out and pat the headmaster's head.

“There, there…?”

‘How do you comfort a crying grown man?!’

“What?! I did not hold this guy's hand!” Deuce stammered, revolting against the picture of him holding hands with a certain orange haired loser.

Ace gagged, repulsed. “I would never even think of doing that, gross! How old are you?!”

Crowley took a deep breath and fanned himself, you retracted your hand. “I am just overwhelmed with emotions. Well, this certainly confirmed it.” He turned to you. “Y/n, without a doubt, you have talent as a beast tamer!” He announced, feeling proud as if you were his own daughter.

“A what tamer?” You blurted out, bewilderment climbing up to your veins.

“The students here at Night Raven College are budding wizards called here by the Dark Mirror. However, they are of a superior class that makes them prideful and egotistical people that doesn't even have the slightest of inkling to work with others. Because of that, they are mostly prideful and selfish.” He elucidated, not really giving you a straight answer.