p r o l o g u e - iii

The three ran around the burning room for quite a awhile, with the two dorm leaders trying to catch the slick cat. you decided to help and corner Grim, you stepped in front of the three and crouched to try and catch the cat.

As you reached your hands out to get him, it was too late for Grim to notice. You stood up, with the cat struggling in your grasp.

“OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!” Riddle shouted, then a heart-shaped metal collar appeared on Grim's neck.

“Ack! The heck is this?!” The raccoon cat struggled more in your grasp, as he tried to take off the collar, and with that on the blue flames dissipated into thin air, you can even hear the tanned male who has a burning butt sighed in relief.

“According to the Law of the Queen of Hearts number 23: ‘One shall never bring a cat into a festival’.” He recited. “You being a cat means you've broken the rule. I shall have you leave at once.” He stared at the dark colored raccoon cat.

“I'm not a cat!” Grim protested and grabbed the metal collar, trying to pull it off from his neck. “I'll burn this collar right up and…” He got silent as his face contorted into horror and confusion. “E-Eh?! I can't use my fire!”

Riddle scoffed, putting his hands in his hips, he stared down at the raccoon cat mockingly. “Hmph! You won't be using any magic until I remove that collar. Now, you're really just an ordinary cat.”

Grim glared at the red head. “I'm not a pet!”

Riddle raised a brow at this and glared just as harsh. “Don't worry, I'd never keep a pet like you anyway. I'll take your collar off when you're out of the school premises.”

A sound of amazement and amusement came from the glasses clad male. “Wonderful show of magic as always. Any and all magic gets sealed by your Unique Magic, Riddle.” Then there was an unknown glint in his silvery blue eyes. “I want it…– No, I wouldn't ever want that cast on me.” It vanished as quickly as it came and got replaced by a smile.

‘Steer clear away from that guy, sheesh.’ You got chills watching his facial expression change so quickly. You got a bad feeling about that guy.

Crowley then made his way to you. “You must do something about this! It is your familiar! You need to properly discip–”

You seriously got annoyed by all the nonsense that came out from his mouth.

“He is not my familiar– I don't even have one to begin with!” You shouted, taking the headmaster and some students aback.

“Eh? It's not yours?” Crowley asked, dumbfounded as he tilted his head to the side.

“I've been trying to tell you this but you always interrupts me!”

“Oh.”

‘Really? ‘Oh’ is the only thing you can come up with?’

Then he clears his throat, straightening up his posture. “A-Anyways, let's just get it out of the school, to avoid any more trouble, no?” He looked down at Grim. “Do not worry, we won't turn you into stew. For I am gracious.” Then he turned to the students who were watching the scene in silence. “Now, can someone please help.”

“Gah! Let me go! I'm going to… I'm going to–”

Some students stepped up to participate, grabbing the struggling raccoon cat then dropped him outside the door.

“–Become the greatest magician!” He declared as the door shuts.

There was a pitying feeling on your stomach as you stare at the closed door.