37

Imagine you get home from work, expecting to see your boyfriend Liam waiting for you, but in his place is a note

Imagine you get home from work, expecting to see your boyfriend Liam waiting for you, but in his place is a note. It reads: 'hey baby. glad you're home safe. to find me, first look for our favourite thing to read together. oh and I love you <3' Your heart begins beating rapidly, Liam always finds a way to do sweet things for you.

Thinking about the clue, your head thinks of many things, your favourite book, the newspaper, the book of baby names... the book of baby names. He always asks to read that with you and it always ends with the both of you imagining your life together. Adamant that this is the answer, you race upstairs and find the book on your dresser and sure enough when you open it another note falls out.

'well done babe. one step closer. after many hours of pouring over this book we decided we'd never name our son Bear. but why was that? go find the reason why to get closer to finding me.'

Your eyebrows furrow. "Why didn't we want to name him Bear?" You whisper aloud. Suddenly it hits you. Liams favourite childhood soft toy was named Bear. Luckily, you know just where Liam's Bear is.

You open the door to one of the spare bedrooms, and see Bear on one of the shelves. When you get closer, you notice another note, peeking out from below him. Carefully lifting the toy bear up, you pick up the note.

'wow! you remembered, congrats! to find the next clue look in my secret but not-so-secret hiding place.'

Too easy. You run back to your bedroom and reach under the bed, bringing out a small box. Opening it and expecting to see a note you're surprised to see nothing but the usual 'secrets' inside. "Then where...?" You ask yourself.

After a few minutes it hits you, the chocolate tin on top of the cupboard. You put the box back under the bed and then speed walk downstairs into the kitchen. Pulling a chair under the cupboard, you stand up on it and pull the box towards you. You're too impatient to fully take it off the cupboard so you open it on the slightly dusty surface. This time , you do find a note and it reads: 'bet that wasn't easy ;) to find your final clue go to your favourite hiding spot when we play hide and seek.'

Nearly dropping the box in your eagerness to rush upstairs to your wardrobe, you jump down from the chair, sprinting out of the kitchen as soon as you land. You've never been up and down the stairs so much in such a short space of time. But you don't mind, you're sure it will be worth it.

In your bedroom, you fling open the wardrobe door and see a new box from your favourite clothes shop. You pick it up and place it on the bed and carefully unwrap it. When you see what's inside you gasp out loud, it's the most beautiful swimwear you've ever seen. And of course a note is also inside the box.

'hope you like it baby. if you want, you can go put it on and join me at the place where I first told you I loved you <3'

Your cheeks heat up at the memory of your first 'I love you's. At the time you'd been dating for around two months and been official for one. Liam invited you over to spend the night at his house, which you later moved in to, he'd set up an adorable dinner date and after you'd eaten, you made your way outside to the hot tub. After a while, Liam looked at you and simply said: 'Y/N, I love you.' To this day, that is one of the best moments of your life.

Once you've changed into your new swimwear you make your way down to the garden, where you now know he'll be waiting. When you go through the back doors, the garden is dark but as soon as you get into view of the hot tub fairy lights are suddenly turned on, lighting the garden up. Now that you can finally see, you look towards the tub and see Liam sat in there, smiling at you. "Woah baby, you look beautiful." He murmurs, just loud enough for you to hear.
You begin to walk towards him, blushing at the compliment. "Thank you. Thank you for all of this, it's very sweet."
"So you liked it then?" His smile grows.
"I loved it." You beam.

At this point you've reached the hot tub and in your haste to hug Liam, you slip and make a huge splash into the tub, making Liam laugh, the corner of his eyes crinkling. "That was graceful."
"Oh shush." You say, rolling your eyes as you wade towards him. He reaches his arms out and wraps you in a tight, warm hug.
"Y/N , I just want you to know how much I appreciate you and how much I love you, even with your clumsiness." He giggles into your hair.
"Did you just giggle Liam?" You say in fake shock.
"Oh shush." He mimics you before pecking you briefly.
"Oh and Li.."
"Yeah?"
"I love you too."

Authors note:
heyyy! I'm so sorry for not updating in a while oops! but here I am hehe , and hopefully I'll be back to updating more often. I thought this idea was cute but idk if I pulled it off aha. also we're so close to 3K reads what!!! thank you 🥰

hope you enjoyed! if you did, feel free to leave a comment and/or vote! thanks for reading❤️