"Brown but it looks kinda red if I stand in bright light."

"Why don't you stop if you don't like it?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I think that nobody is ever truly happy with the life they get to live. "

He thought about that for a second before he spoke again.

"That's only because people never took the time to figure out what they truly want."

We both tensed up as we suddenly heard the door on the roof open. It was a unfamiliar man to me but River seemed to know him.

"He's my doctor." River whispered to me.

I relaxed a little bit but his presence made me uncomfortable.

"You know that i don't want you up here River." He said angry.

"I know." He answered casually.

"Please river, you have treatment today. I need you back inside."

River groaned as he let his head fall back. "Alright, I'll be down in a minute. You don't need to keep staring at us."

"Fine but not longer than a minute." His doctor said before leaving us.

"He sounded stressed." I said to River.

"He is. I'm his last patient before his retirement, atleast that's what he says. The man is around 70 or something."

"I'm glad he's not my doctor."

"John is a good guy just not the best doctor. But i still trust him, he'll make me better."

"Is it scary?"

"What?"

"The treatment. The chemo and stuff."

"Not really, it becomes normal over time. I mean you still get sick from it but it won't  be as scary anymore."

"I should probably go." He said as he got up.

I followed him back to our floor. I was planning on keeping him company during his chemo but his parents beat me to it.

He wanted me to meet them but i refused and quickly went to my own room. I hated forced social interactions. His parents didn't need to know who i was.

Seeing Rivers parents there for him kinda made me miss mine. Which was something that i didn't think would happen. I wanted them here right now.

"What are you thinking about?" Calum aksed as he let himself into my room.

"I think i miss my parents." I said still half in thoughts.

"Didn't they call you or anything?" He asked as he sat down next to me on the bed.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. "No."

"Where did you come from." I aksed him.

"Cafeteria."

"Do i need to worry about tomorrow?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No you don't, nothing bad is going to happen tomorrow. It's important that you stay hydrated and stress free."

"How long will it take?"

"Your first treatment will be around 2 hours but then ones after that are going to take longer. You'll most likely feel sick after them but besides that there is nothing to worry about."

I nodded and thanked him. I didn't want to continue taling to him but he thought differently.

"How was therapy?" He asked me.

I shrugged. "It felt unnecessary."

"You'll think otherwise in a few months."

"Mabye."

"I think it's time for you to go to bed." He said as he clapped his hands.

I glanced at the clock it was already 9 o'clock which i didn't expect. It was like time moved faster in this place.

"Do you need anything before i leave? Mabye a sleeping pill because you didn't get to sleep last night?"

"I'll be alright." I said with a smile.

I didn't lie about that, i truly felt tired enough to sleep a few hours tonight.

"A nurse will wake up you up tomorrow but I'll will take you to your first treatment a few hours after that."

I nodded. "I'll see you in the morning, Goodnight."

"Goodnight Kate."