Molihua

Part One

Dimash and I decided to ask the orphanage management to see Diego's room. Maybe seeing his room, what things he keeps, how he organizes them, we can get to know him better and have some idea of how to convince him to go with us. The director is very interested in helping us, since everyone there is concerned about his future.

His room is small, but very neat. There is a bookcase full of books. I run my eyes over the titles. There are many books on Physics and Mathematics. Books that could easily be on an engineer's shelf. On the walls, there are sketches. Many sketches of machines so strange that they look like products of the imagination of a science fiction writer. There are many notebooks. I'm not an expert in advanced calculus, but I think that's what this is about. Dimash and I don't know if all that is just delusions or something more serious.

- Did you even take these notes from him for someone to see?

- Of course not. He was installed so well here, he never created any problems. If that was just crazy in his head, who knows, they might take him from here to another place ... I got to know his mother. A good woman. I didn't want to take any chances.

On the other shelf, books on World History and Geopolitics. And biographies: Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Desmond Tutu, Mandela. The question is how much of it is he really understanding? Is Diego a genius or is he just a boy lost in his daydreams? We do not know.

- Look! There is a small book at the head of his bed. When I was a kid, I also kept my favorite book on the nightstand. A book I got from my singing teacher when I gave a performance at my school.

- Along with your truck and your tapes?

- Yes. And my speakers, microphones and everything ...

- I know this book: "El Niño del Dedo Verde". "Tistou: The Boy with Green Thumbs". The author is called Maurice Druon. This book is beautiful. It is a book for children, but one that touches everyone, children and adults, like "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" or "The Little Prince". Tistu is a special child who spreads flowers wherever he goes and thus changes the world. Here is a dedication: "For my Tistu, that one day will change the world! I love you! Mom!" There is also an almost erased drawing inside the book. It looks like a drawing of a jasmine.

- It's a jasmine. His mother was called Jasmine. She was very pretty. And it was always fragrant, a gentle scent of jasmine as her name. This drawing was what he did for her when he was a child.

Dimash is thrilled.

- A child who lost his mother in such a tragic way and who grew up like this, by himself. It breaks my heart, actually. Children should not suffer. I really want to help this guy.

- Dimash, maybe we can help him. Think with me. I have the impression that we can reach him, the two of us together. In the last visions, I was the mother and you were the child. Flowers, Jasmine, Perfume. Maybe we can combine it all.

- I didn't quite understand what you want to do, but I trust you.

I must talk to the director of the orphanage.

- Then we will need to organize some things. Can we make a small presentation here at the orphanage? My friend here sings very well ...

- Of course! Children will love it. What kind of music does he sing?

- A little of everything. I think you'll like.

The director must have heard of Dimash. But to imagine that he is there, that simple man, sitting on that bed, wearing jeans and a T-shirt, is quite another thing ... And I think Dimash is enjoying the idea of singing at the orphanage, it's something he always does when is in Kazakhstan.