~chapter 2~

"let me get ready."

it's been a few days since johnny helped you out, and since you had those

it's been a few days since johnny helped you out, and since you had those.. thoughts

"no"
"please don't leave"
"i need you"

but.. what does it mean? you lie awake with your thoughts, you've never been that desperate before. you keep telling yourself that it's a coincidence, but is that true? you've been avoiding him non stop. you don't really know why, it's almost like it's instinct but every time you saw him since then you'd turn the other way. you could tell he knew something was up, and you felt awful.

*bzzzt*

huh?
your phone went off, but who? no one texts me around this time. it's literally 2 am. you hesitate to check, you wish you could just go to sleep but the suspense was killing you. you leaned over to glance at who it was, despite planning to ignore it.

it was johnny

your eyes go wide, why is he awake? why is he texting me? why does he car-

*bzzzt*
*bzzzt*
*bzzzzt*

your ringtone began to play quietly, but it was clear he was calling you.
what do i do? should i answer? no, he'll be mad. and i don't want that. or- why do i care? i'm the one who's been ignoring him..
the ringtone continued to play, each buzz the phone made making your breathing more and more unstable,

your body moved on it's own, and grabbed the phone.

"Y/n? hello?"

oh my god. i accidentally answered. i hate myself. i just want to die.

"Y/n??"

"hi! uh, sorry i didn't mean to answer i was just about to get to sleep actually... ahahah-"

"that's bs and you know it y/n, what the hell's your problem been the past few days?!"

"....what do you mean? i just-"

"it's like i haven't existed to you. i miss you, i asked gyro and he said you've acted normal around him, so why is it only m-me?"

...you went silent after that...

"look, i'll meet you outside of your house so we can walk to school tomorrow. i want to continue this in person. bye"

"w-wait! jo-"

....

the line went silent, and so did your thoughts. what have you done? he sounded so hurt, is this your fault....? yeah, it had to have been. you had to make it right.

you: Jojo, i'm sorry please

you: i never meant to hurt you

you: please?

you: Johnny?

he never responded.
you thought there was a chance Gyro was awake, so you decided to text him too
2:37
you: hey, sorry to text you so late but how's johnny doing?
2:38
gyro: idk, he's been fine from what i know
2:38
you: has he said anything about me at all
2:40
gyro: no.
2:40
you: ok, sorry i'm just worried about him
read 2:41

'read 2:41? is he mad?' you thought
...
i'll go to bed for now, i hope johnny was kidding about the 'walking to school' thing.

next morning

you wake up, almost forgetting what took place the night before. oh geeze... what time is it? You grab your phone to check the time, but a text message catches your eyes instead. it's johnny.
6:24
johnny: hey, i'm outside.
6:30
johnny: are you still asleep?
6:46
johnny: i'll wait.

oh my g- you were cut off by a banging on your window, and a muffled yet familiar voice.
"open the door or i'm gonna throw rocks through your window."

you look outside to see johnny at your window, how long has he been waiting here...?

"o-ok! let me get ready..."