Chapter (47): Hidden Eyes

Start from the beginning

"Bon Appetite!" said Danni giving them fake smile after placing down the last plate on the table.

Avery noticed Danni's facial expression and kept staring at her until Danni locked eyes with her. Avery gave her a reassuring smile to make her relax about the Rick thing, and when Danni left, she kept looking at the direction she took then turned back to the family.

"That cook is awesome!" said Rick in amazement. "Her food at the wedding was tasty that I almost got a belly fat" he said and Meredith laughed lightly.

"She is. She definitely has a talent. Oh! Did you know that she is Avery's friend too?"

"Really?" he asked with an arched eyebrow, turning to Avery.

"Uh, yeah. She is Steve's best friend and then I befriended her"

"That's cool! I mean you have a friend who can cook for you whenever you are hungry, sad, happy. I want that kind of friend or should I say a girlfriend" He looked at Avery with a smirk and Avery blushed slightly while grabbing the glass of water to take a sip, and Meredith noticed the situation, so she cleared her throat and smiled before she changed the topic.

*********************************

Danni changed her clothes and almost got out of the kitchen but she heard someone call her name. She looked around and couldn't find anyone then Avery turned her head around the corner and beckoned her to come.

"What?" asked Danni whispering.

"Just follow me" She pointed upstairs.

Danni pursed her lips in a thin line and followed Avery upstairs, making sure that no one was there. She entered Avery's room with her hands in her pockets.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to see you..." Avery stepped closer shyly. "You seemed off at dinner" She reached up with her hands and cupped Danni's cheeks, stroking them.

"... Just tired. You almost killed me, remember? I can't forget about how malicious you looked before switching on the light" She smirked.

"... Yeah" she said looking away biting her lip, still feeling guilty.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm alive and I already forgave you. I told you we're fine now" Danni tilted her chin up and gave her a soft kiss on the lips.

"But you are acting awkward towards me since I told you to come and sit with me"

"Ave, you know I want nothing more than to be with you under the same roof but..." She looked at her and decided to tell her the truth. Half the truth. Robert words kept ringing in her head. "Look, I just need some time to reconsider what happened between us but that doesn't mean that I'll break up with you or that I'll stop loving you"

"So, it wasn't really about Ben" She stepped away.

"That was half of the truth, Ben needs me today but the other half is what I just said. I just need time to think... alone"

"Mm-hmm. Okay" She gave her a small smile.

Danni circled her arms around Avery and kissed her forehead. Avery rested her head on her shoulder and closed her eyes when Danni caressed her auburn locks gently.

"I'm not regretting saying that I love you" she said softly and Avery smiled then pulled away.

"I know" She grabbed her face and kissed her passionately on the lips. They broke the kiss and Danni beamed at her and stroked her cheeks.

"I've to go but I'll see you tomorrow"

She winked while heading to the door and Avery blew her a kiss before Danni got out of the room.