Chapter Four

I yawned rolling off the chair and landing on the floor with a huge thud.

"Ow!" I yelled rubbing my butt and sitting up "I thought I was in my bed" I moaned.

"Anything broken" Tayo asked biting his lips to hold back laughter.

He was at the dinning table eating rice and reading a comic book.

Choosing to return to the sitting room was a really bad idea. I glared at my brother and he put his hands up in surrender.

"You fell asleep while reading a book so I made dinner" He said " Don't give me that look"

I nodded before getting up and sitting back in the chair.

"How long was I out for?" I asked turning to look at him.

"About two hours" He said through a mouthful of rice. I cringed at the sight.

"Mum and dad will soon be home" He said out of the blue "So get off your lazy butt and eat"

I rolled my eyes before picking my phone up from the brown centre table in the middle of the living room.

I unlocked the screen and A page of the story, After was starting at me. I was already in the seventh- sixth chapter.

The book was really cool.

Being a writer seemed to look even cooler.

When I checked the profile of the author, Imaginator1D, It was then that I understood what it really meant to be a Wattpad star.

She had more than two thousand followers and A message board filled with appreciation letters, reading requests and praise for her book, After.

"Woah" I muttered scrolling up for more information.

Her real name was Anna Todd. Her profile picture was one of her, revealing that she had pretty blue eyes and yellow hair.

I definitely felt inspired to give writing a try now.

I looked up, imagined how awesome it would be to be as popular as she was.

I was deep into my fantasy when my brother called me again.

"Niyi" He said his face scrunched up in frustration "You really need to eat, imagine what mom's reaction will be if she comes home and finds out you haven't eaten"

I rolled my eyes even though he was right. I just hated it when someone snapped me out of my thoughts. It was like being slapped in the face unexpectedly.

I dropped my phone and walked over to the dinning table.

***
"They'll be home in thirty minutes" My brother said not looking up from his phone.

I nodded before tapping on the Wattpad shortcut for the thousandth time today.

The only notifications I had were announcements from the user's I followed.

I was kind of surprised when I saw a red dot beside the messages icon at the top right of my screen.

A message from who?

I scrolled to the left and found out that the message was from Nina_writes.

Nina_writes: Hey

I wanted to type in "hi" with a smiley face emoji, but when I sent the message, it didn't show up.

Multimouse_3.0: Hi.

Multimouse_3.0: Why don't the emojis work?

Nina_writes: I don't know. You can only use them in comment section.
As for message boards and private chats you can use these emojis; ;-) :-( :-)

Multimouse_3.0: Oh, ok.

Nina_writes: Have you finished reading after?

Multimouse_3.0: Almost

Nima_writes: Could you read my book next?

Multimouse_3.0: Sure.

Nina_writes: :-)

I exited the private chat and decided to scroll through my news feed.

It seemed as if Nina has been in Wattpad for five hours straight.

Woah!

I just had to ask her why she loved the app so much. Her book only had about five hundred reads and the committed readers weren't up to ten.

But she seemed to be enjoying herself all the same.

She didn't seem to be discouraged at all.

Multimouse_3.0: Hey Nina.

Nina_writes: Yeah.

Multimouse_3.0: Why do you enjoy being in Wattpad so much.

Nina_writes: There are many reasons why I love Wattpad.
But the main reason is because on Wattpad, I'm free to be myself.
No one really knows me here so I'm free from judgement and stuff like that.
And even if I do get judged, I don't take it personally because it's not like anyone here knows me in real life.

Wow!

What she typed really made sense though. I'm just surprised that Nina feels this way.

Her classmates probably judged her a lot while she was back at school.

Multimouse_3.0: That's deep.

Nina_Writes: Yeah, I know.
I look forward to seeing your comments ;-)

Multimouse_3.0: Ok :-)

I was sure of two things.

I was going to become more confident on Wattpad. Leaving comments in the books I read will be fun.

I've never done something like this before.

Secondly, I was going to start working on my own story.

Better to try and fail than to not try at all.