Two

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! The first sound I hear every morning of every day. And the worst sound you could possibly here on a Monday morning. The blaring sound of my alarm breaks through my deep slumber. I cover my head with the thick comforter that is on my bed 24/7. Groaning, uncovering, and stretching. Standing, walking, and humming. I go to my dresser and shuffle through my drawers before I finally become satisfied with an outfit. Gray crop top, black cloth skirt, red beanie, dark gray, wool cardigan, and black combat boots to top it all off. Before I get dressed, I walk out into the halllway and to the bathroom. I grab a towel and turn the faucet on. I undress and step into the shower. Just the feeling of the hot water hitting my back makes me want to fill the tub with warm water and soak in it for hours. I do all of the stuff a girl does in the shower before stepping out and drying myself off. I walk back into my room after straightening my hair and brushing my teeth. I put on my outfit for the day and then put all of my school stuff in my bag.
RING! RING! RING! The sound of the home phone ringing. Signaling someone is calling, trying to get a hold of a certain person in this household. I race down the hall and into the living room. I search and search and search for the landline, before finally finding it in the couch cushions. Press the answer button-you know the one with the little green phone on it?-, and press the phone to my ear.

"Arabella Graham speaking. May I ask who is calling?"

"This is Cassandra Doable. I was actually looking for Emma Graham," A feminine, authoritive voice says.

"I'm sorry. Emma can not make it to the phone right now. Can I take a message?"

"Ahhh, no it's alright. I'll call back at another time. Thank you, though."

"Mmhmm."

And with that, the phone call is over. Well, that was odd. I roll my eyes before walking to the front door and grabbing my keys out of the key-bowl. Making sure my iPhone 6 is in my bag, I walk out the front door to my Hummer.

As I am at a red light, a Mustang speeds past me with what looks to be the 'popular' clique: Braelyn Rodriguez, Emma Kendrick, Hendrix Rodriguez, Bryce Fischer, Brodey Mencken, and Aimee Griffith. They are all pretty nice except for Bryce, Emma, and sometimes Hendrix. You just have to make sure you don't get on there bad side. That's why I avoid them most of the time unless we are partners in class. Braelyn is really nice, we talk but it's usually just a hi or hey in the halls.

I watch as they speed down the road, past the red light. I shift my attentuon to the light and when it turns green, I move forward. Just another day.