[ii.] ;; 𝒻𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎

on the fourth of february, nick is fully settled in. the spare room dave used to use as an office has been transformed into nick's bedroom, complete with his posters and the greek flag hung up on his wall, his setup and pretty much everything from his last house. he's started streaming again, inviting dave to come on stream with him, making sure he's ok with facecam being on, and he has to admit, it's really fun. most of nick's viewers like seeing dave linger behind him, often asking him how he's doing, if he's going to play minecraft with nick sometime, when he'll stream again, other questions that dave doesn't bother with answering. it's nice, he thinks, seeing nick interact with his viewers, how kind he is to all his fans, even when they say something that he doesn't like. dave knows he can't help the feeling of overprotectiveness surge through his body when someone says something that makes nick visibly cringe, but the younger usually just laughs it off, changes topics, doesn't tell them it makes him uncomfortable.

that's how much he cares about his audience. he'd rather be uncomfortable than upset the horny teenagers lusting over him. he knows it takes a toll on nick – sometimes he plans a stream and sits there, mouse hovering over the start stream button, shaking and trying not to back out of doing something he promised he'd do. he doesn't really know how it feels, considering he himself doesn't stream that often and will immediately shut that shit down, but he knows it must feel horrible to feel pressured to not upset fans.

and this is why dave is planning something big for him. nick deserves a break, a break from the negativity on twitter and from the teens hitting on him, a break from the stress of constantly streaming on a schedule in order to please the fans, and dave is going to make him take a break. nick isn't planning on streaming on the fourteenth, which gives dave around a week to plan this outing, and he's already started working on it.

unfortunately, dave seemed to have forgotten what day the fourteenth is – valentine's day, the absolute worst holiday in the history of holidays, at least for him. all of the movies in theatres will be shitty heterosexual romance films that always have some sort of disgusting sex scene that's censored way too late, the parks will be filled to the brim with shitty heterosexual couples that'll glance judgingly in their direction, the diners will also be filled with shitty heterosexual couples that will do the same thing as the couples in the parks. normally, dave would have a few choice words about it, but it's for nick, and nick is worth being stared at weirdly in public.

on the day of the fourteenth, dave wakes up early, makes some food (read: orders pancakes, bacon, and waffles from ubereats), sits down and watches tv for a few hours. around noon, he reheats the now-cold breakfast foods, portions one on a plate and makes some tea, and when he finishes, he goes to gently knock on nick's door, and when he doesn't receive an answer, open it. nick is still sound asleep, wrapped up inside his weighted comforter. he looks so peaceful, so ethereal, dave almost cannot bring himself to wake him up. he puts a hand on nick's shoulder, gently shakes him, and almost instantly, nick's eyes flutter open. beautiful dark brown meets hazel, a tired smile spreads across nick's face, and he yawns softly, pushing himself up and looking at dave. "g'morning, techno," the grecian murmurs. dave coughs, flustered, and yet he doesn't know the reason why he is.

"morning. i got you breakfast, if you want to eat." nick hums quietly in response, unwraps himself from the blanket, swings his legs off the side of the bed, and dave steps back so he can stand up and stretch. "waffles and pancakes. there's some bacon there, too, if you want." nick chuckles softly, like dave just made a joke, though he doesn't elaborate on why, simply fixing his bed up and leaving the room, right after the older.

"i'm practically starving right now, dude, thanks for getting breakfast!" nick says cheerfully, grabbing his plate and moving to sit on the couch, bringing his feet up to his chest and looking over at dave. "you going to eat?"