Real Life 18

"Breathe Jeno."

The brunette nodded, fumbling with the small white box in his hands.

"I can't! What if he says no?"

It's been almost 5 years since Sohee died, 4 years since Jaemin confessed his love. 3 years since they finally became lovers. And 1 year since Jeno had planned to propose.

Today was that day.

"Why the hell would he say no?" Renjun deadpanned. Jeno shrugged.

"I don't know! I'm nervous, okay?!" Renjun sighed, patting his friend's back.

"Jeno, if he waited almost a whole year for you to just say 'I love you,'" Renjun spoke, "You should know damn well that this blueberry headass will fucking say yes to you!" he exclaimed, causing Jeno to flinch slightly. Renjun smacked his head before wrapping his arm around the taller's shoulder.

"Now, go man up and ask this dumb bitch to marry you. I mean it, Mark has been stalling for so long because you can't seem to get ready. Go get set up, I'll tell them to come over." Renjun said, taking out his phone, leaving the younger by himself.

Jeno nodded. "I can do this!" he said to himself.

"Mark hyung, what are we doing here, I don't work today?" Jaemin asked, as the older held open the door for him. Mark shrugged, "I'm craving a vanilla shake, can you order one for me? I left my wallet at home." he replied. Jaemin pouted, taking out his wallet. "Fine."

Jaemin approached the register, taking money from his wallet.

"Hello, what may I get for you?"

Jaemin didn't look up, as he was looking for the exact change of the shake. "One vanilla milkshake, please." he responded.

"So you're a fan of vanilla? Must not like it hard I see."

Jaemin blinked, looking up at the cashier. He gasped slightly at the sight of the familiar face in front of him.

"Jeno?? Why are you dressed as an employee?" the now, bluenette asked. The older chuckled. "You ordered a vanilla shake, right?" Jaemin nodded.

"Go take a seat and I'll bring it to you." he replied. Jaemin chuckled softly, "Okay."

Jaemin took a seat at a table with Mark. It just so happens that the table they sat in was the exact same table the Jaemin had met Jeno 5 years ago.

"Why is everyone so weird today? Also you have to pay me back for the milkshake." Jaemin said, frowning at the older. Mark shrugged. "Either way, even if I brought my wallet, I don't even have moeny, so." Jaemin pouted.

"One sweet vanilla shake!" a voice said. Jaemin looked up, cooing at the sight of his boyfriend wearing a white top and a lace pink apron. Jaemin smiled, taking the drink. "Thank you, Jeno ah." he replied. The brunette smiled.

"Call me when you're ready to pay!" Jeno exclaimed, before leaning close to his lover.

"Doesn't this seem familiar?" he whispered, slipping a note into Jaemin's small hands. Jaemin shivered slightly before opening the note, eyes widening on what was written inside.

"Jaemin ah, can you please turn around for me?"

Jaemin turned away from the table, gasping slightly at the view.

There, Jeno stood kneeling on one knee. A loving smile on his face and the most beautiful ring in his hands.

Jaemin felt tears prickle from his eyes.

Jeno smiled, "Jaemin ah, please,"

"Let me marry you and make you my husband." Jaemin smiled and nodded.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" he exclaimed, giving the older his hand to place the ring on. Jeno quickly stood up, engulfing the younger in a hug.

"I love you, I love you Na Jaemin." he spoke, kissing his sweet lips softly. Jaemin hummed.

"I love you too, Lee Jeno. See? I never left." he smiled, looking at the ring.

"And now I'll be yours forever, I love you."

a/n I'm sorry that this took so long to update! Thank you for waiting for me!

Also thank you for reading 🤍