To the Young Lord

Start from the beginning

"Happy Birthday Hades!" came the unified shouts of the Weasleys and Draco sighed while Hadrian chuckled in amusement. "Thank you demons, Ronny." and the red heads beamed, Fred shoving Draco out the way to hug Hadrian, ruffling his hair.

Hadrian groaned and George gave him a big sloppy kiss on his other cheek. Ron met his eye and Hadrian gave him a look. "Don't even think about it."

Sirius and Remus laughed and Hadrian sighed. "I hope Tom doesn't have to deal with this on his birthday."

"Oh no, of course not. He has it much, much worse. Do you know just how obsessed the Death Eaters are over him?" muttered Remus, shuddering a bit and Sirius scoffed. "Obsessed is too nice a word." he muttered and Hadrian looked to his friends as they seemed to nod in agreement.

"We're the same with Hadrian." said Fred and George and the dog star and the wolf shared a look before Remus clapped his hands together.

"Alright. Hadrian has to get dressed. Everyone leave. Even you, Draco." he stated when the blonde didn't seem to be making a move to..move.

He pouted and Hadrian chuckled as the group piled out of the room, Remus closing the door behind him.

Happy Birthday my little King.

Hadrian shuddered at the smooth voice in his head, his face warm. It was obvious that Tom may have woken up because of Hadrian and Draco's emotions, Hadrian could tell by how husky his voice was at the moment.

Not that he particularly minded.

Thank you Tom. I'm sorry for waking you.

It's quite alright. I had planned on getting up early anyways to start preparing things for the ball. Have a good morning. I'll see you very soon.

Okay.

The connection was cut and Hadrian finally climbed out of bed to get dressed.

~^~

Hadrian had never felt nervous before, well, besides the night he first met Tom in person. And at that very moment, the raven was nervous.

His friends had left an hour or two ago to get dressed for his party (the twins mentioning they had to pick up a guest), and he was seated in Tom's room at Riddle Manor, staring into the mirror.

The raven was dressed in deep green robes made of dementor's cloak and acromantula silk, which made them shine when he moved. He wore black slacks and a collared black shirt underneath, his wand in the holster on his waist. His raven hair was neatly combed out and he wore the Malfoy family signet ring as well as the Black and Grindelwald heir rings.

Anubis was coiled around his shoulders, trying to soothe the anxiety he could feel from his young Master.

"You look magnificent, serpent." came the husky voice in his ear and he jumped slightly, having not noticed that Tom had entered the room. Too lost in thought.

"Thank you..but I'm almost certain you look even better." muttered the raven, eyeing Tom's attire.

The Dark Lord wore robes that matched Hadrian's, but embroidered with silver lining. His chocolate brown hair was slicked back just slightly, a curl straying into his crimson eyes, and the Slytherin Lord ring on his left finger. Nagini was by his feet and now raised her head to nudge Hadrian's hand lightly.

~Happy Birthday, hatchling.~ she hissed and Hadrian smiled slightly. ~Thank you Nagini.~

"I felt your nerves from the ballroom." said Tom as he watched the raven stand, sighing slightly. "Of course." he mumbled and Tom gave a soft smile, bringing the boy into his arms. Hadrian blushed as he met Tom's soft gaze. "You don't have to be nervous, my little King. There's nothing that could go wrong. Everyone here is someone you can trust, or that you are close to." he said and Hadrian nodded.