Chapter 2: Furious Demoiselle

"Are you for real!?" I shrieked when he touched the spot where it stings the most. Napangiwi ako pero nginitian niya lang ako na para bang natutuwa pa siya na nasasaktan ako.

"Filter your words, please." He enunciated as he held my foot. I flinched.

After what happened, Dash brought me to the nearest hospital and he then left straightaway. I did not complain as I patiently waited for the doctor. And my eyes widened the moment Kade came in. I felt a sudden urge to run for my life regardless of my situation.

Why. Is. Everyone. Here?!

Napangiwi ulit ako. "P-pwede ba!? Dahan-dahan naman!" I shouted while trying to hold my ankle. He stopped with what he's doing and he looked at me intently. I rested my hands at the side of the bed not trying to back down. "What?" I spat out and my eyebrows furrowed at the way he's staring at me.

"Calm down, okay. I got this." He assured me before touching it again. 

"NO SHIT! You don't get it. Not at all!" I retorted and he guffawed.

Napailing ako. "You're really hopeless." 

"And you're so feisty." He said with amusement dripping in his voice. 

He looked at me while flashing his boyish grin. "You are. Are you still mad?" He queried which made me laugh bitterly. 

"No." I said and he stopped grinning the moment he heard me. My forehead creased. "What?" I asked and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Am I it, still?" He trailed. "Are you still mad at me for leaving?" He mouthed and my mouth fell open.

"What? No!" My voice raised. It sounded so high...like I was just convincing myself.

He stared at me for a moment. And I almost looked down when the way his staring seem to want to ask a thousand questions.

"Kreyon!" We both jumped when someone shouted my name. And for the first time, I was relieved at the sight of Dashiel. No more explanations.

Dash strode fast as he hand me my phone. "Your mom called. I didn't answer." he said before transferring his gaze to the man who's now standing just right beside me.

"You brought her here?" Kade queried and Dash nodded. "I'm Kade Yapchengco. Krey's...old friend." he trailed and Dash's forehead creased. 

No one spoke until Kade's phone rang. He excused himself and Dash eyed me. 

"What?" I asked and he pointed outside. "Was that the one you dated 2 years ago?" It was rhetorical.

He chuckled. "So...what happened?" he queried and I looked at him in disbelief. 

"I didn't know you like meddling at other people's business." 

He looked at me with amusement. "Chill. That was also rhetorical." he shrugged and Kade showed up again.

Dash cleared his throat. "Ah. I'll be outside. See you later, babe." and he winked at me.

"Boyfriend?" Kade asked, I leered. "What makes you think that he is my boyfriend?" He shrugged.

"Great. Pick someone else. I didn't leave just so someone like that could have you." he said that casually. Like leaving someone behind wasn't even serious at all.

That made me furious. 

I immediately grabbed the pillow and had it slammed directly on his face.

I stood up and fixed my towel. "That's for talking to me like everything's fine!" I yelled and I walked out.

"What the!? Krey! Krey, come back here! Shit! I'm sorry!" he shouted but I didn't look back. I will never look back.

Nostalgia won't do me any good.