We said out goodbyes and I dropped my phone on my lap. I was tired as hell but I had no time to rest. I had things to get done or else no one will do them for me.

>>>

Lyrtell and her children are finally here along with my mother and a few other family members who are helping to cook for the dinner. I'm not sure if I was to pick up Nia and Royalty from the airport. I don't even know what airport she's coming into, the landing time or the terminal. She hasn't been returning any of my calls nor texts and at this point I'm tired of the one sided communication with her. I'm too tired to even think about what could possibly be going through that Latina skull of hers.

I closed my door and walked to my bed. I kicked off my shoes and plopped down face first into the plush mattress. I got myself comfortable and just as I'm about to close my eyes there's knocking at my bedroom door.

"Chris you got a minute?" I sighed, it was Darren and the sound of his voice was very uneasy. "C'mon in Dar!" I shouted so he could hear me.

The door pushed open and he entered. He closed the door then walked over to the chair I had in the corner. "Wassup?" I asked him turning on my side to face him.

"It's about Myles..."

Why they always coming to me for relationship advice when I'm too fucked up to even love a girl the way she should be?

"So we're dating? I don't know! I like him I do but I'm not sure if he can even give me what I need—"

"DARREN!" He jumped from the sound of my voice. "Slow down bro. You running a race or sum'?" I asked him.

"Sorry..." He shyly chuckled. "I really wanna be with him but I don't know if he's ready. He'd make lowkey remarks then say something completely different and that confuses me! Like the other day we were at lunch and he called me his 'boy' but later that day he gives a completely different energy and that's stressing me out." He started to crack his knuckles and I knew whatever they had going on between then was starting to get to him.

"Look men are confusing especially when we are shown love we're not accustomed of getting from someone we're feeling. He's scared 'cause he never felt this way about a guy before so he's still trying to figure himself out. Myles lost himself for a long time and you're the first one I've known to actually spark something in him again so just be patient." I rubbed my eyes then blinked. I didn't wanna fall asleep on him when he came to me to help him solve his problem.

"But what should I about the mix signals?"

"Just confront him about them. Ask him what does he mean and where's his head at. Once you upfront with him you'll be good. He doesn't like secrecy nor does he like to be played." I think what I have told him was enough for him to know what to do next.

I watched as his mouth started to move too fast for the movement of his lips and I didn't even understand a word he was saying.

"DARREN! STOP TALKING!" He quickly shut his mouth and gave me a very awkward look. "You need to stop being afraid to go after what you want. Do this shit and you'll see how much better your mental will be." I turned away from him and got back in my sleeping position. One leg up while my hands are under the pillow my head was resting on.

"Get the fuck out.

>>>

"Chris." I could feel my body shaking and I groaned. "Go away." I turned on my side snuggling into the pillows.

"Daddy!" I felt the air leaving my lungs and I started to cough. I looked down on my chest to see an overly energetic Royalty. She was staring me in the eyes with all her teeth on display. "Hey baby girl." I smiled looking at her beautiful face.