2 | When You're Ready

"I'll still wait for you
Even though sometimes,
it feels like we're giving up
Still stay for you
Ain't had nobody give you this kinda love
Feels strange for you
We fight, then we kiss,
and then we make love
But I'm still made for you
At the end of the day,
don't wanna wake up without me"
Justine Skye

"I'll still wait for you Even though sometimes, it feels like we're giving up Still stay for you Ain't had nobody give you this kinda love Feels strange for you We fight, then we kiss, and then we make love But I'm still made for you At the end of...

"Jerrell?" Bailey's voice called out from the other side of my office door, a small knock followed behind it. It's been about two weeks since she found out I was popping pills and we haven't done much talking. She goes to work during the day, I go do my thing during the day, and we're both home by dinner time.

"Yeah?" The door cracked open and she poked her head in.

"Are you hungry? I cooked."

"I'm good." I let her know while turning my attention back to my computer.

"Okay. Are you still coming to my doctor's appointment? It's in two hours and we get to learn the gender today."

"Yeah, I'm coming. I'll drive." A large smile grew on her face causing me to break out in a smile too.

"Good. I'll be in the kitchen." She closed the door and I glanced back at my computer, knowing I wouldn't be able to continue concentrating on work. I locked my computer and got up, making my way to the kitchen. Bailey sat in a stool at the island, dancing in her seat, while scrolling through her phone.

"What did you make?" She jumped slightly at the sound of my voice as I walked up behind her, resting my hands on her shoulders.

"I made ribeye steak with mashed potatoes and asparagus. I made you a plate too, just in case. Well really I made myself two plates, but yeah. Take a seat and eat."

"Bay? This isn't something you make for lunch. This is a full dinner. Also you know you're not supposed to be eating like that so I'll take that extra plate off of your hands." She laughed and slid one of the plates aside. I kissed her cheek, taking a seat in the barstool beside her.

"I know, but I was craving it. I'm going to make Rasta pasta with some wings for dinner. I was thinking of inviting everyone over so we could announce the gender. What do you think?"

"I'm down for that. You want me to buy the silver and pink decorations?" She grinned, playfully rolling her eyes.

Everyone acts so surprised when they find out I want a girl. For one I'm an only child, and I was raised with my male cousins. Essence wasn't even allowed to hang with us until after her and LJ moved in with us when their parents when to prison. I want my little princess. I want to spoil her and be her protector, and I want my kids all back to back so I'm going to knock Bailey up as quickly as I can after she has my daughter.