"Okay," Mr. Karofsky eventually said. "What about the young lady back there?"

"Quinn is one of our most excellent students," Figgins said. "David apparently pushed her and called her a name, which led to this altercation."

"David, is this true?" His father demanded. "Apologize to the young lady."

"Sorry, Fa - Quinn," He gritted out.

She smiled sweetly, "Apology accepted, Dave."

"Spencer," Jeremiah said, "You were defending her? It's not an issue, but normally you don't get involved in quarrels."

Rachel's response was low, "She's pregnant."

Mr. Karofsky's face became pinched, "We're going to have a discussion about this when we get home, young man, and your mother as well." Karofsky paled further.

Jeremiah's hand had stilled briefly, but he was petting Rachel again before he told Principal Figgins, "I'd like to schedule an appointment for later in the week to talk about the bullying I see going around. As a concerned parent, I think I speak for all of us that want our children treated with the respect they deserve."

"Of course. Just stop in with the secretary. The suspension starts tomorrow, although if you take them home now, we won't stop you."

Quinn was trying to figure out what the purpose of her being in the office even was when everyone stood up and left, and she scrambled up as well. Mr. Karofsky was escorted back to the main office, David in tow.

Standing in the hall, Jeremiah was even more of a contrast to Rachel. One of his huge hands was on her head again and they were talking quietly before he pinched her cheek, glanced at Quinn and said, "And who's your friend, darling?"

Quinn walked closer and Rachel took her hand to pull her even closer. "Abba-leh, this is Quinn Fabray. Quinn, Jeremiah Berry."

He took her hand. Much like Rachel, her hand disappeared in his palm. He had warm hands and there were flecks of paint on them. The paint was the same color, a mint green, as his jeans. Seeing where she was looking, his mouth crinkled into a bright smile, "Sorry, I'm painting my store. Luckily I was home today."

They let go and then his eyes narrowed a little, "Fabray? As in Russell Fabray?"

She nodded, "Yes, sir. He's my –" She hesitated. Russell had kicked her out with no regrets. Was there really any call to say that he was her father? Quinn took the plunge, "He's my father."

Jeremiah's smile stayed in place, even if it managed to convey some of his distaste on his mild face. That was okay; the longer she was away, the most distasteful she found Russell as well.

"He's an interesting man. I've met him a few times."

Quinn didn't ask him where, and he turned to Rachel.

"Come, Spencer, we have to get you to Dr. Isles about that ear."

"Yes, abba-leh." Rachel smiled at her, "I'll see you later, Quinn."

"Bye," Quinn stated and wiggled her fingers in a hint of a wave as they left. The bell for third period rang and students spilled out of the classes. For once, no one pointed at her or whispered. She went to Brittany's locker to get her things, and then remembered Rachel telling her about the CDs. There were four of them in little paper CD covers, and a little sticky note on top read in Rachel's loopy handwriting, "'Evening Out With Your Girlfriend' is generally not considered an album." Quinn put them away with a small smile.

Class was, as always, boring and simple. Matt claimed he had enough time between the end of school and the beginning of practice to drive her home, so that was convenient. They never talked. The same football player dropped her and Finn off every morning. The week passed quickly but slowly, as it was the end of the grading period. Her report cared would have all A's with no one to show them to. The week edged forwards at some points, lonely for Rachel without it being an acute ache, not really, and a transcending boredom at the Hudson's.