epologue: grown up

Start from the beginning

Soobin sighed again, "I don't want you to get hurt, Kar."

"Please? I've never been to a party."

"O-Ok." Soobin said with hesitation.

Kara's eyes widened, "Really?"

"No drinking, no drugs, and you're home by eleven thirty. Good?" Yeonjun said.

Kara nodded and smiled, quickly giving Soobin a hug, "Thank you, Appa!..." She turned around and gave Yeonjun a hug, "Thanks Dad!"

"Call us if you need anything, ok? And please stay with Yingi." Soobin added.

"Of course."

"Go work on your homework and we'll call you down when dinner's ready, ok?"

Kara nodded before running up the stairs, leaving Yeonjun and Soobin in the living room. They just turned to each other and smiled, giving each other a kiss before Yeonjun softly said, "Hi, baby."

"Hi... How was the doctor?"

"Ummm... It was ok."

Soobin's smile instantly faded, "Oh no... What happened?"

"Please don't freak out, ok?"

"Oh my god, what's wrong?! A-Are you ok?!"

"Binnie... I promise, I'm fine... But I kinda have to get surgery—"

"What?! No, no, no—"

"Babe, lemme finish, ok? I promise, I'm fine."

"How're you fine when you need to get surgery?!"

"I just have a cyst in my wrist—"

"What?!" Soobin said as he grabbed Yeonjun's hand and frantically looked at his wrist.

Yeonjun sighed, "It's the other one."

Soobin threw Yeonjun's wrist away and quickly grabbed his other one, looking at it like he was a doctor, "Oh god... W-Why haven't I noticed it before?!"

"It's ok. I didn't either... That's why my wrist has been hurting recently. And I just need to go and get it removed. It's a pretty standard operation, ok? The doctor said surgeons can do it in their sleep."

"B-But you're hurt a-and—"

"ssssshhhhh..." Yeonjun said, cutting Soobin off, "Look at me... I'm ok, I promise. The rest of me is totally fine and the doctor was surprised with how healthy my blood test was... Probably because we eat most of the food you grow."

Soobin let out a small sigh of relief, "Are you sure?"

"Of course..." Yeonjun said before Soobin moved closer to him, giving him a tight hug. Yeonjun rubbed his back and whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too."

. . . . .

"Binnie?" Yeonjun said, reaching out his hand towards Soobin on the couch.

Soobin furrowed his eyebrows, "Yeah?"

"Come dance with me."

"Dance?"

"Yes."

Soobin slightly smiled as he placed his hand in Yeonjun's, standing up from the couch and walking to an open space in their living room. Yeonjun held onto Soobin's hand while the other was placed on his waist. Soobin placed his free hand on Yeonjun's shoulder as they strted to sway, not needing music.