"Yep. I now like to call him 'Papa Original'," Damon commented, smiling slightly.

____

1001 AD

   In their family's village, Rebekah and Henrik were sitting on the ground when she saw Klaus and Annikah fighting with swords from a distance.

She laughed as she got up from her seat followed by her younger brother and sister, "Come on, Henrik, Annikah and Niklaus are fighting again."

  As they sparred together, Annikah laughed, turning to glance at Rebekah and Henrik, who were making their way over to them. "Oh, look. Bekah's arrived to watch me defeat you in combat as I always do."

"That is where you're wrong, love. Today..." He trailed off and swung at Annikah, causing their swords to deadlock, "I shall achieve victory over you."

"Let us see about that," Annikah replied, the two of them continuing to spar.

Klaus made a spinning motion before slashing at Annikah, which led to a part of the front of her dress being torn open. He continued to hold his sword outwards, smirking at her tauntingly. "What was it again you were saying about winning?" He commented, causing the whole group to laugh.

  Just then, Annikah turned, her smile fading at the sight of Mikael and Esther approaching them.

"Relax, Mikael. Niklaus means well." Esther warned her husband in a low tone.

"That's precisely my problem." He retorted before walking over to the group.

  The entire group immediately stopped laughing when they saw their father approaching them, Klaus most of all.

Mikael roughly snatched the sword from Annikah's hands, leading to Annikah sharing a worried glance with Rebekah and Elijah.

"So, why don't you teach me that trick, young warrior?" Mikael spoke loudly as he swung his sword at Klaus.

Klaus was quick to block the hit with his sword, feeling uneasy. "Father, we were just having fun," He began to tell his father, fear in his eyes.

"We fight for our survival! And you find time for fun?! I want to have fun!" Mikael yelled out as he continued to swing at him with his sword,"Teach me! Come on!"

Mikael yelled out and continued to slash at Klaus. He soon disarmed Klaus without effort and then forcefully pushed him with the palm on his hand, causing Klaus' back to hit the ground.

Mikael hollered out as he pressed the tip of his sword to Klaus's throat, glaring down at him. "You are foolish and impulsive, my boy. What? No more laughter?"

  Annikah panted heavily, trying her hardest to control her rage and anger at the sight of Mikael's cruelty toward Esther. She was on the verge of raising her arm to perform a spell, growling under her breath as she did so.

  Just then, Esther appeared beside her and roughly grabbed Annikah by the hand to stop her. "You've made your point, Mikael," She spoke up in a stern tone, causing Mikael to yell out and stab the sword into the ground near Klaus' head.

Klaus' flinched and closed his eyes as his father did so, fearing for his life. He gradually opened them to find Mikael glaring down at him. "Some days, it's a miracle you're still alive," He paused and stood up, turning to glance at Annikah, "And the only reason you are so is because of that little protector of yours, boy."