"He will find out. He always does." Klaus spoke up, watching as his sister continued to carve her name into the wall.

Rebekah scoffed, turning to face Klaus. "That is because you always tell him," She retorted with an attitude.

"I cannot help it..." Klaus trailed off quietly as he stared down at the ground in shame, "He frightens me."

"He frightens us all," Rebekah admitted while Annikah grabbed Klaus' hand and squeezed it in comfort, "That is why we stick together as one, always and forever," She paused, smirking at both Klaus and Annikah, "Right, traitors?"

Gradually, Klaus lifted his eyes and smiled at his sister.

"Here. I'm to help Mother with the meal," Rebekah told the duo as she held the knife out to Annikah.

"Yes. Go tend to dinner. Leave the blades to the men, little sister," Klaus commented, causing Annikah to turn to give him a weird look.

"That is rude," Annikah replied and scoffed.

"Well, you have to admit, Annikah, you're practically considered a man. You sure act like one," Klaus remarked, earning a playful eye roll from Annikah.

  "Just because I dream of being a shieldmaiden one day, it does not mean I am viewed to be a man. I still have to work far harder than you and your brothers," She explained, smiling teasingly as she turned to face Rebekah once more, "But we can all agree Rebekah is far too kind and gentle to ever be a shieldmaiden."

"I suppose," Rebekah replied, smirking as she walked closer to Annikah, who had her hand held open for the younger girl to place the knife in.

Rebekah slammed the blade of the knife into the palm of Annikah's hand, forming a cut. "Ah! Bekah!" Annikah scolded the girl, clenching her jaw as she did so.

"What was it you said about being gentle?" Rebekah asked tauntingly as Annikah hissed in pain, "It's just a little blood. Be a man about it."

Once Rebekah had walked away, Annikah opened her hand. She let out a deep sigh as she and Klaus watched the wound gradually healed. They turned, exchanging a look with each other.

Annikah sighed once more, handing Klaus the knife before walking away. She wore no moonlight ring.

____

PRESENT DAY
MYSTIC FALLS

"These are the names of the Original Family?" Elena asked, her eyes widening in shock.

"Carved into a cave that's been here since way before the founding of Mystic Falls. Or even the entire New World, for that matter." He explained and Elena immediately shook her head in disbelief.

"Okay, this has gotta be one of Klaus's fakes." She complained and Damon was quick to speak up.

"That's what I said," Damon spoke up with and Alaric quickly looked over at the two before looking back at the wall.

"That could be true, except the last name up here made us think otherwise," Alaric explained and Elena looked at him confused.

"What's the name?" Elena frowned in concern.

"Mikael," He answered calmly, causing Elena's eyes to widen in surprise

"Mikael..." She trailed, horrified by the news, "Mikael, as in, the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Klaus?"