Winter's Ball (Part 3)

A/N - School is kicking my ass and I hate everything

John's POV

   Another chair was added to the table so now I sat on the end while Eliza sat next to Alex. I didn't say anything but Alex bit the King's head off in an effort to switch us. The King didn't budge on the matter so now I'm eating in silence as Eliza blabbers on about some stupid feminist issue. I can tell Alex bored out of his mind. He's picking at his food and not saying much. I think he's still upset from earlier. He never told me why he was so upset. "So John-" Eliza started, snapping me out of my thoughts. 
   "How do you treat your girlfriends?" I frowned and looked at Alex who was just as bewildered by the question as I was. 
   "Uhhhhh-"
   "Hello?" She asked rudely. 
   "I'm gay."
   "Oh...Well before you were gay?" 
   "I dated a girl for a week." I muttered. 
   "Did you ever hit her? Rape her? Make her feel weak?" She snapped, Alex's mouth dropped as he stared at Eliza. 
   "No! What! I was thirteen! I dated her for a week! We barely even kissed!" I defended, Eliza rounded on Alex and the boy jumped. 
   "If you're gonna be trans gender you need to just get it over with." That got Laf and Herc's attention and they frowned at Eliza. 
   "I-...I don't wanna be trans." Alex coughed out.
   "Then why are you wearing a dress?" Eliza snapped.
   "Um-...I think I look good in them. I like the way I look." 
   "You're not a girl. Don't wear them." Alex's lip quivered and Eliza continued. "You don't have the body for it. You look like a brick." 
   "Excuse me." Alex got up and rushed up the stairs behind him, the large oak doors opening for him. 
   "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I growled.
   "Excuse me? Know your place, Commoner." She snapped.
   "Know your place, Princess." Laf interjected. "John is welcomed here. You were chosen and Alex can change his mind. So I suggest you shut the fuck up and smile." Laf growled.
   "I'm gonna go-" Laf nodded and I rushed up the stairs to the oak doors. I had no idea where I was but I didn't care. I started running through the halls, trying to find Alex's room. I ran into someone and I grabbed them before they could fall. 
   "John!" Kitty huffed. "Follow me!" We hurried down the hall and she stopped in front of his door. I entered alone and looked around. The curtains on his four poster bed were drawn and the room was dark. I could hear Alex's quite sobs as I drew closer, Kiki darted out from under the bed and brushed against my leg. I picked her up and approached the bed. 
   "Alex?" I asked, gently pulling the curtain back and poking my head in. He was cocooned in his blankets and I noticed his dress discarded at the end of the bed. He pulled his head out of his blankets and sniffed. 
   "She's right." He mumbled, I sighed and let Kiki down on the bed. I pulled my coat off and kicked my shoes off, crawling into the bed. 
  "No, she's not. She's just a dick." I sighed, leaning against the head board and pulling the bundle of blankets that was Alex into my lap. He sniffed and laid his head on my shoulder. 
   "You're just saying that." He mumbled.
   "No...I think you look beautiful when you wear dresses. It suits you." I smiled, Alex blushed a bit and I rubbed his back. He shifted and caught on my glucose monitor. "Ow, ow, ow." He quickly got off it, shifting so his ass was directly on my crotch. I blushed and bit my lip. "Alex, you're-um-..." He looked up from fixing the tube and frowned at me. 
   "What?"
   "Nothing." I smiled as he finished fixing the tube and settled between my legs. He sighed and I wrapped my arms around him. 
   "I have to marry her." He mumbled.
   "Well...Maybe you can change it. You like Angelica, right?" 
   "She's out now. She's being arranged with John Church."
   "I'm never gonna understand this shit." I chuckled.
   "I wasn't even born in America and now I'm gonna run it!" 
   "Question. When you become King can you make homework illegal?"
   "I will work on a legislation for that. It will be my first act as King." He giggled, I laughed and we laid down. He laid on my chest for a minute or so before the door opened and we both looked up. 
   "Alexander?" The King. I flushed red and started sitting up, Kiki getting mad that I was disturbing her slumber. Alex sat up and wrapped the blankets around his bare chest. 
   "What?" He asked, sniffing. 
   "Gilbert told me what Eliza said." He sighed, Alex crawled over and poked his head out. "Give her at least a week please?" Alex sighed and flopped back. 
   "Fine." He grumbled.
   "You don't have to come back to the ball. You and John can just hang out around the palace. I want you in bed by midnight." 
   "Ok." The King left and Alex grinned. He jumped out of bed and weaseled back into his dress. "Come on!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me into the hall. 
   "Where are we going?" I laughed as he dragged me along. 
   "The garden." He threw open the doors and collapsed under a tree. I sat next to him and we laid down, staring up at the stars through the trees. I found myself looking at Alex more than the stars and I was ok with that.