Chapter 2

mark and johnny were sitting on johnny's couch playing a game on his x-box. they were laughing with each other but johnny was still worried about mark going to ten's party.

suddenly johnny paused the game. he held the controller in his hands and sighed. mark looked over at him confused.

"hey? what's wrong?"

johhny looked over at mark. "mark, do you really wanna go to this party tomorrow?" johnny said softly.

mark sighed before scooting closer to johnny.

"johnny, why are you so worried?" mark asked softly.

johnny looked down at the floor.

"i'm just... ten isn't a good person, and it doesn't make sense for him to suddenly wanna hang out with you after picking on you for so many years. i just don't want them to do anything to hurt you."

mark smiled and placed his hand on johnny's shoulder.

"john, i promise you, nothing's gonna happen. i'm seventeen man, i can handle myself. it's just a party, it's one night, i just wanna meet some new people, socialize y'know?"

johnny nodded looking at mark.

mark chuckled. "come on man, don't look at me like that." mark said ruffling johnny's soft brown hair. johnny smiled.

"okay, i'll stop worrying." johnny said sitting up straight.

"thank you." mark said simply before turning back to their game.

johnny sat there clutching his controller, despite what he told mark, he knew he was gonna spend his Friday night waiting by his phone for mark's update texts.

the next day, it was the day of the party and mark was super anxious yet excited. the school day went by in a blur and before he knew it, him and johnny were in mark's room, mark frantically searching through his closet.

"dude, just pick something you're stressing yourself out." johhny called from mark's bed.

"you don't understand johnny, it's easy for you to wear anything and be effortlessly hot. for me, i need to put some work into looking nice." mark said as he dug through his drawers.

johnny felt his cheeks burn a little when mark called him hot, he couldn't explain why though. he sighed getting off the bed and walking into mark's closet.

"would you like some help dumbass?"

"please." mark said smiling as he stepped back allowing johnny to search his wardrobe.

after a few minutes, johnny walked out giving mark a quizzical look.

"are baggy hoodies and sweaters the only things you buy?" johnny teased.

mark crossed his arms.

"so what? is it a crime to be comfortable?" mark stuck his tongue out at johnny.

johnny pinched the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger. "okay, that's it, we're going to my house." he grabbed mark's wrist and dragged him outside and into his house. he told mark to sit on his bed as johnny disappeared into his closet.

he returned minutes later with a stack of clothing in his arms. he threw them down on the bed next to mark.

"go change." johnny said jumping onto his bed. mark grabbed the clothes and went into the bathroom to change. after five minutes, the bathroom door opened and johnny sat up, his eyes widening and his heart fluttering.

mark walked out with an unsure look on his face. johnny had picked out a baby blue t-shirt with a colorful graphic printed on it paired with a pair of tight black jeans with various patches on the thighs along with a thick leather jacket and a pair of simple black vans to tie the look together.