Chapter 6

Scarlet POV
Running  as fast as l could the thick thrones  ripping my tights from my skin not caring about them l keep running, l hear the shouts from a distance they were coming. Running faster l spot a tree l could climb ,quickly climbing as fast as l could l held on a branch like my life depended on it as it actually did.

Trying to calm my nerves by covering my mouth to steady my breathing l see him under the tree with a riffle with two other men on his trail. He curses and kicks a rock near him  the two other men were probably younger than him with muscular body build.

"Boss we have to get back she's gone",my ex stepfather angrily glares at  the young boy before stomping and walking back to the direction they came from. They disappear amongst the trees sighing behind my hand l let out a breath l was holding thank goodness l didn't have a panic attack . Deciding to stay here for the night to avoid meeting untamed animals ready to claw you alive. l make myself comfortable note the sarcasm holding the branch to steady myself l find a bearable position for the night.

The sunlight disappears the forest growing darker by the minute l see movement from under the tree my heart stops for a split second a small snake was slowly moving nearer to the tree. Saying an internal prayer for it to not come near l see the snake was gone sighing out loud l was alone again with no wild animals probably. There must be more somewhere in this forest.

The temperatures drop faster than l thought looking at the bracelet Jason and Kylie bought me for my birthday which was a few months ago my heart bleeds l missed them l missed everyone and l don't know how long l had been captivated.

Flashback
Parking my car in our driveway l notice that nobody was home yet Xavier's Lamborghini would usually be parked earlier than my car. Maybe they forgot about my birthday they had so many things on their plates already. Feeling disappointed l softly open the front door the house was weirdly quiet with no lights on , Switching  on the lights lm meet with voices screaming at the top of the lungs .
"Happy birthday Scarlet",they all yell Jason,Kylie ,Xavier and my mom stood before me. It seemed sad to have little people to celebrate with but they were different this was my family and they were all l needed.

Xavier comes to me holding a velvet chocolate cake with candles on it smiling like a Cheshire Cat.
"Happy birthday Scar",he gives me a side hug to avoid dropping the cake . Smiling at my family small tears fall quickly wiping them they sing happy birthday for me. Whiles my mother grinned like a child given candy taking pictures of literally everything,not that l minded.

"Make a wish Scarlet ",Kylie shouts closing my eyes l wish for this happiness to continue growing everyday. Opening my eyes l slowly blow the candles knowing my wish will come true someday.

"Hey Scarlet l have a present for you from  Jason and l ",Kylie says she  takes out a small box and hands it over to me smiling from ear to ear .Slowly opening the box l see a silver shiny bracelet with my name on it l was speechless from its beauty. It looked super expensive with shiny diamonds surrounding the letters in a beautiful pattern.

"Thank you Kylie and Jason l love it ",hugging her she gently pushes me back and her playful demeanor changes to a serious one.

"Promise one thing never remove that bracelet until the time is right"she states seriously.

Nodding my head to show that l wouldn't break my promise but was ,slightly confused l knew l wouldn't break her promise no matter what.

End of flashback

Feeling my heartache from been far away from them who knew where l was l didn't even know where l was myself.
Wrapping my hands around myself to keep warm , to never think l would be scared of the dark this forest changed my mind. You couldn't see a thing there was no moonlight the stars were the only tiny twinkles you could see.

Deciding to stay awake and watch out if there's any threat nearing. Like really who could fall asleep in a forest thats not your territory and has a hundred species that could kill you in any kind of way.

Dylan's POV
Storming out of the house l get in my Ferrari and  drive to  Jason's house l knew his address because as captain l had to know where my teammates lived. Passing through security l knock on their front door that gets opened by Kylie l finally knew her name. Her eyes bulges  out of her sockets shocked to see me .Noticing her hair was a birds nest and her eyes had dark circles under them. In another situation l would have found it funny but it wasn't .

"Oh how rude of me come in Dylan"she side steps to let me in we get into the living round where Jason sat typing away things that did not make any sense. Noticing a different person standing with Kylie his head shots up.

"Oh Dylan how you been man "he gives me a quick bro hug he gestures for us to all sit . He looks at me and Kylie then it's like a bell rings  in his brain.

"You know about the kidnapping right",nodding my head l notice bags under his eyes as well. Silence fills the room as l break the tension slowly forming.

"Any news or information found ",they sadly shake their heads disappointment swimming in their eyes. Sighing out loudly and pulling my hair not feeling any pain because my heart was already bleeding.

"Okay did you at least put a tracking device on any of her things",they sadly shake their hands feeling anger surge through me . I couldn't blame them it wasn't their fault,suddenly Kylie's eyes brighten up.

"Wait a min..."she doesn't finish her sentence and runs up a set of stairs. Jason calls her name going after her my head pounds from lack of sleep and stressing out. Kylie comes back with a MacBook in her hands and Jason trailing behind her. She sets the MacBook on a table and quickly logins to her private account ,waiting patiently for her to finish whatever she was doing. Was it part of Scarlets disappearance would it be of any use going ,near the screen l see a small red dot buzzing on the screen.

"Guys it still works !!",looking at her for her to elaborate on her point that me and Jason seemed to not understand.

" l put a tracking chip in her bracelet and she doesn't know about it ", my sour mood slightly shifts there was hope we could find her. Looking closely at the red dot my heart clenches she was in Brazil.

"She's in Brazil" l whisper

____________________________________________________________
🥰Hope you enjoyed this chapter guys !! Scarlet is in Brazil who would have expected her to be all the way there where's her mother. All the secrets shall unfold with the unexpected . Let's go to the next chapter!!❤️

Song
Justin Bieber What do you mean