Episode 7

Episode 7

SOMEONE'S POV

3 weeks ago

I had a weird dream last night about a girl I did not know. She kept on telling me that i already found her. Her face seems so familiar. She has medium-length straight black hair, dark brown eyes, small turned-up nose and enticing red lips. I have a feeling that she's someone important that i just forgot. And I also think that I just saw her face recently.

"What's up bro?" my brother greeted me after coming home from school.

"Hey. Did you fix my papers? When could I start going to your school?"

"Not yet done actually. Just wait bro! Are you excited?"

"Sure. I've been bored looking at your photo album of you and your friends yesterday."

"Oh, you'll love them! Just you wait."

He tapped me on the shoulder and went upstairs leaving me thinking about my new school. I just moved here in the city after my parents from the province agreed that I should follow my older brother here in the city to study.

My mind went back to the dream I just had last night. Why did that girl keep on telling me that I already found her? Who is she?

"That was only a dream, stupid." I said to myself as I let my thoughts about her disappear.

SOPHIA'S POV

Present Time

Today is Monday. I regretted being distant with Elijah last week. He told me on Thursday that he couldn't walk me home starting that day because they are busy with basketball practice. He was a star athlete of our school and there is an interschool competition for basketball this week. Even though they have ball games in the past months that we have been together, he still managed to take me home every day. We almost never fight.

I get the feeling that he's been avoiding me after my sudden outburst and being distant with him. I am missing him.

During lunch time, we saw that Elijah and Mason already reserved us our usual table. I wanted to make it up to him so I kissed him on the cheek as soon as i sat down beside him.

"Hi." He greeted me casually.

"I'm sorry for last week babe. I was just thinking about a lot of things."

He sighed and held my hand as he smiled at me.

"Forgiven. I'm sorry too. I wasn't able to walk you home for two days. We've just been really busy at practice, believe me."

"Oh, so you weren't just avoiding me?"

"Why would I? You know that I miss you every minute you're not in my sight."

Oh, so I was just being paranoid. Sometimes, it's hard to have the mindset of a girl.

"Cheer for me later will you?" he gave me his infamous puppy eyes as i laughed at him.

"Of course babe. I'll be there."

"How 'bout you? Will you watch us?" I heard Mason asked Sarah.

"I'll think about it." Sarah replied. I looked at Sarah and saw that she was blushing.

We finished eating and went back to our own classrooms.

We went to the gymnasium soon after the classes ended. The game has already started. Our school is facing another school that we already defeated last month.

I started cheering for our team when Olivia came and sat at the empty chair beside me.

"Hi Sophia! Hi Sarah! Cheering for Elijah?"

"Oh hey, yeah and the whole team of course." I answered her and Sarah just waved at her because she was a basketball fan and couldn't take her eyes off the court.

"I see. Want some?" she offered me the chips she's eating while watching the game.

"I heard from my father that we have a new classmate who's gonna be here tomorrow. Did you hear about that?"

"Not really. You know I'm not used to making new friends. But I'm glad that we're friends now, Olivia. "

"Me too! We're almost the same, i don't usually talk to people if i don't like them."

"Wow, I'm flattered then."

We both laughed and continued watching the game. It was a quick game and of course our team won. Elijah immediately went over to my seat and we congratulated him. I saw him threw a questioning look at Olivia. Olivia just smiled at him as she bade her goodbye to us.

"Why was she sitting beside you?"

"She's my new friend that I've been wanting to tell you about. We were library research partners"

"Ohh. I see."

We talked about random stuffs as he walked me home. Things were back to normal. I brought the topic that I've been meaning to ask him for quite some time now.

"When do you think I could meet your parents?"

He was startled at my question and that made him stop in his tracks.

"You know how they don't want me to have a girlfriend yet right? I don't know babe. But I'll work on it, I promise."

From the start, I just accepted the fact that our relationship must be kept a secret from his parents. All he told me was that his father is a very strict person and wants him to focus only on his school and basketball games. He said his father thinks that having a girlfriend would just be a distraction for him. And as an understanding girlfriend, I rarely question Elijah about his decision to keep our relationship a secret from his parents.

The next day, I was running in the hallway when I suddenly bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I apologized and continued running to our classroom, without looking at the face of the person. Thankfully I wasn't late even though our teacher is already inside, it was unfortunate of me that I did not hear my alarm ring earlier. Miss Poppins said that she got here early so she can guide the new student.

I sat at my usual seat and caught a glimpse of the new student enter the room while I was putting my things on the floor.

"Hi everyone, I'm Noah Williams. Pleased to meet you all."

I flinched in my seat as I stared at the face of the person standing beside Miss Poppins. Is this real or am I only dreaming?

"Yume?" I whispered to myself as his eyes scanned the room and landed into mine.