Hermione's Twin Sister

CHAPTER 1:

I raced Hermione down the stairs, winning by an inch. Me and my twin sister are inseparable. We always have the same crushes, teachers, ages and mad hairstyles. Which is why I love her. She gives me a smile as we enter the kitchen. Then the familiar clank! of the postbox rings into my ears. "Don't worry, Hermione. I'll get it," I said, skipping towards our postbox. I pick up two letters, identical like me and Hermione, with a red messy stamp. I turn them over and see that they are adressed to me and my twin sister. I squeal and walk down to the kitchen and give the letters to Mum. "They even have 'The Kitchen' on the address, " Mum says, when I give it to her. "Open it, open it!" I shout. Hermione glares at me. Her excuse - me - I'm - trying - to - read look. I give her an apologetic smile. My mum opens the letter, which has my name on it, and reads it out loud.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT
AND WIZARDRY
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Granger,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

I looked at Hermione, who had dropped her book. "Wh-what?" We say, at the same time. I take Hermione's letter and open it. It says exactly what mine says. "I'm a wizard," I say. Hermione shakes her head. "No, we're witches." I look at Hermione and smirk. Hermione can be so smart sometimes. "What do we do?" We both ask. "I don't know. Maybe-" There was a big knock on the door. Hermione and I give each other glances. Mum walks into the hallway to open the door and I hear talking. Mum comes back, with an old lady who wears glasses and an emerald green cloak. Her brown hair is tied up in a bun and she gives us a welcoming smile. "Hello, children. I see you got your letters." We nod silently, sitting down on the chairs. "I am Professor McGonagall, one of the professors at Hogwarts. I am hear to answer your questions." I put my hand up. 'What am I doing? I'm not at school,' I think. "Yes, Lilly?" 'She knows my name!' "My question is, how do we get the list of books and equipment?" She smiles and hands Mum a piece of paper. Mum reads it before giving it to me and Hermione. All the list and books were on the sheet. I give it back to Mum, who pockets it. Hermione slowly puts her hand up. "Yes, Miss Granger?" "Where do we get these stuff and when?" "You will get your stuff at Diagon Alley on 31 July. Anymore questions?" I nod. "How do we get to Hogwarts?" "On platform 9 and three - quarters on the train Hogwarts Express at 11 o'clock at Kings Cross Station." I smile but Hermione frowns. "Platform 9 and three - quarters?" She askes, calmly. "You'll see on 1 September. I must leave now." Professor McGonagall disappears. "Cool," I say. Hermione just nods. We eat our breakfast and have our showers.
1 WEEK AFTER THE NEWS

I linked my arm with my sister and walked down, into the subway. We were going to Diagon Alley, to get our school supplies. We entered the Underground train and rode into London. When we reached London, we went to the Leaky Cauldron, where Diagon Alley was hidden. "Come on, Mum! Let's go inside the Leaky Cauldron!" Mum looked at me, puzzled. "There isn't any dear. " I sigh and Hermione and I push my mum into the shop. "Oh..." she says. I run up to the counter and ask the man at it, "Where is Diagon Alley, please?" He points to a wall and takes out a stick. He taps blocks, until the whole brick wall disappeared. We walk through and I smile. So many shops, filled with wizards and witches. I ask Mum where Gringotts was and she pointed at a big, marbled building. We walk up the steps and enter. On the wall was a silver plaque.

ENTER STRANGER, BUT TAKE HEED

OF WHAT AWAITS THE SIN OF GREED,

FOR THOSE WHO TAKE, BUT DO NOT EARN,

MUST PAY MOST DEARLY IN THEIR TURN,

SO IF YOU SEEK BENEATH OUR FLOORS

A TREASURE THAT WAS NEVER YOURS,

THIEF, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, BEWARE

OF FINDING MORE THAN TREASURE THERE.

I look around and run towards a small little man with large ears. "Excuse me, can we exchange our money?" The little man takes our cash and changes it into Knuts, Sickles and Galleons. The little man explained them to me when he saw my face. Then I dragged Mum out and into the wizards company. "Mum?" Hermione askes. "Can you read the list?" Mum clears her throat before speaking,

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF
WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
UNIFORM
First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags.

SET BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

I sigh. We go buy all our stuff, including 2 books called Hogwarts: A History. My wand is a unicorn hair with dew 14' inches. I don't know Hermione's, though. Even though we are not aloud to do magic, I still try a spell. A simple one at home. "Wingarduim Levio-" Hermione comes into my room and I tickle her. "That's what you get for trying to diss me!" I whisper.