The Next To Die

***Nia's Hideout***
"If she isn't killed by dawn I'll have your head on stick. Got it, Ashley?"
"Yes Misstress, he will die tonight."
Kenna walked past Ashley as she left Nia's Office.
"I have a contract for Kendall."
"Good, and who is it?" Asked Nia.
"Jack Walters, Married, 3 kids."
"Who wants him dead?"
"Maria Walters, his wife."
"Ouch I guess there was a big argument."
"Jack got some prostitute pregnant. Needless to say Maria is pissed."

***Later That Night-1 AM***

"Why would they station me with a god damn crossbow? I said I'd shot someone with it before once and now they think I'm some kind of sniper? I quit this stupid assassin league."
"If you think that strongly about it, I might not kill you."
"Kendall? I... I was only joking..." Ashley said while raising her hands above her head.
"No I'm not Kendall. I'm the person who's meant kill you, what's it like being bait for Nia?"
"Bait?"
"You don't wonder why none of the assassins Nia sends out return? It's because I kill them all. But I like you. And I'd be willing to bargain with you."
"What do you want?"
"You have to be out of this city in an hour and I need 1 finger." Answered Miss Fortune with a smirk.
"A.... finger...."
"Yes. Or I kill you."
"Why do you need my finger?"
"So I can make you appear dead I don't just keep it for fun. You life or your finger you have 20 seconds."
Ashley took longer than Miss Fortune expected to decide what to do. Ashley pulled out a knife and miss fortune pointed her gun at Ashley's face, but Ashley was not harming Miss Fortune with one quick slice Ashley finger was on the ground along with a pool of blood.
"Get out of town, and don't come back ever."
With that Ashley ran off into the night and did as she was told, she took a boat out of the cove and left for a land far beyond Bilgewater.

***The Next Day***

"Great another ones dead."
"Do you want me to give Kendall her contract?"
Nia thought about it. They had both been her  partners for 20 years. But Kenna was her love, she could trust him. But where was he last night?
"Do it."

And that's it for the chapter, thank you for all the love next chapter should be our finger crossed with in next 7 days. Hope everyone is enjoying school again and a bit of normality. Stay safe and happy!
And a like and comment and follow would be much appreciated.