103) Chemistry (1)

I miss y'all omg. 😭 don't kill me cause college already doing the job. I missed writing and this has been an idea on my mind forever. Yes I'm still going to finish other series. Especially living King's. Whew that next chapter is CRAZY ASF. 😭 anywho, I'm sticking with the college theme so .... let's have some fun! College is a beautiful experience, a life changing experience, but it isn't for everyone and while it's testing me now... I love writing about it. - A 💋

Please ignore any and all mistakes.

••••••

Let me catch a vibe, let's just take our time
Just relax your mind, and take it easy
Don't have to decide, you do, I do, I
Don't have to be mine
Let's take it easy

Cameron Armani Brown | "Cam"

X

Danielle Kailyn Livingston | "Dani"

•••••

Monday.

"As you all look over the syllabus you will all see there's absolutely no work on it." Professor Moore said as she stood next to the projector, showcasing the syllabus. "So this will be a breeze for all of you. I don't have to grade papers, homework, exams, or anything and you don't have to do any."

The class erupted in cheers and excitement and she chuckled, crossing her arms.

"Now wait a minute," One of her students interrupted. "What's the catch?"

She laughed again. "That's a great question Mr. Hicks because there is indeed a catch."

The class groaned.

"I knew it was too good to be true." He mumbled, sinking into his seat.

Playfully rolling her eyes she walked to the center of the classroom, gazing over her small class of 24 students.

"A UC class is a class meant to help you all learn, grow, and mature as young adults. When you signed up for my class I bet none of you knew what you were getting yourselves into, but I'm sure you've heard the rumors. You heard how easy it is and how simple it is." She began explaining, meeting every pair of eyes that she could.

"Well it's true. This class is simple, but it is everything but easy. I teach life lessons that'll follow you forever, not a dumb ass lesson you'll forget by the weekend. So throw out the name UC 203 and replace it with Life 101. Every year I do something different for this class, that's why you can never cheat. I create a bunch of themes, throw it into a bowl, and reach inside and pick something on the first day of classes. Which is today. My class isn't about exams or homework, it's about feeling and truly recognizing the person you are and want to become. It's about living life and recognizing the pain, the pleasure, and the passion that comes with living and loving yours." She smiled.

"You all walked in here today with your own personal stories and backgrounds, probably completely strangers to each other. Yeah that's the case for today, and it may be the case for tomorrow, but by the end of this semester you all will know each other like your supposed to know the material inside a heavy ass textbook. You all are the syllabus. You are the exams, the homework, and the lesson. You are everything you need to pass this course. So prepare yourselves to work hard. By the end of this year you will have either learned things you love or hate about yourself. And that's why I always tell my classes, don't ever listen to the rumors. Because my class is everything but easy. Any questions?"

A hand shot up and she pointed to them. "Yes Ms. Jacobs?"

Dropping her hand, she had an excited look on her face. "So are you going to pick a theme today?"

Professor Moore smiled widely, nodding her head. "Yes ma'am, are there any questions about what I've said before I do so?"

Silence filled the room and she took that as an answer, walking back to her desk where a bowl sat filled with folded white papers. She grabbed it and went and stood back in the center of the classroom.

The students watched her like a hawk, causing her to giggle.

"I need a classroom volunteer to come over here and reach inside this bowl."

Many excited hands shot up and she smirked softly noticing the only blank face in the room. It was always that one student.

"Mr. Brown could you please come up here and do the honors for all of us."

All the heads turned to the darkskin boy in the back of the room, who had in his AirPods and looked like he had better things to do then to be in class.

His face scrunched up. "But I didn't raise my hand."

Professor Moore laughed. "I know, now come on we don't have all day."

He just shook his head and stood up making his way to the front of the room. The irritated look on his face tickled Professor Moore, because it was the same every year. The ones least interested always have the biggest turnaround by the end of the year.

"Alright so you just want me to reach inside and pull one out?"

She nodded. "Yes it's that simple, and read it out loud please."

He just blew out some air and reached his hand inside, moving it around a few seconds before picking one and pulling it out. He didn't know why, but it felt like his heart was going to beat out his chest the way everyone was staring at him.

He turned back towards the class and opened the paper, clearing his throat. "Chemistry."

His eyebrows furrowed together as he turned to Professor Moore, unsure what to do next.

"Thanks for your help Cameron," She placed the bowl down and grabbed the paper from him smiling. "Ah you all get the chemistry lesson, this shall be fun. Welcome to Chemistry 101."

•••••

TBC. 💙