49) Best Friend (7)

And I oop- A 💋
•••••
Winter. | ❄️

Winter walked into the familiar bar on a mission to talk to Antonio. She just wanted to get a few things off her chest. If it wasn't for Mya she wouldn't have had the courage to do it. Ever since her and Cairo kind of ended on a bad note she just wanted feeling right.

She immediately spotted him at the bar wiping it down, and walked over to him taking a seat in front of him. "Can I get a glass of water please?"

He looked up slowly and chuckled when he laid eyes on her. "You came all the way to a bar to get a glass of water?"

"Guilty." She giggled softly, shrugging her shoulders. "I really just wanted to talk to you."

He raised his eyebrow at her, placing a water bottle in front of her and rested against the bar. "Well this is bartender and customer privilege so I guess I'm all ears?"

She playfully rolled her eyes and rested on her elbows. "You guess?"

"Hell yeah, I gotta me careful. Don't wanna accidentally become a witness to a crime. I will snitch." He joked and she laughed.

"Your irritating Antonio."

He just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "Now wassup?"

She let out a deep breathe she ain't even realizing she was holding in. "I just wanted to come and apologize for the way I threw myself at you when we first met. It wasn't right and in the end I just ended up feeling stupid about it. Thank you for caring so much and calling Cairo."

He seemed shocked to hear her apology. "Oh no worries it's all good. I admit at first I was playing along but then when I realized who you were, I had to dead that. Cairo is my closest friend, he's my brother. Anybody's a fool if they can't see how much you mean to that nigga. He's a handful but when he cares, he cares hard. That's why I called you untouchable, cause you are. We might joke bout it, but none of us who are friends with Cairo would ever get on that level with you. As adorable as you are, I see through the bullshit between both of y'all."

She nodded her head slowly, smiling at him. "Understandable, and I was being a bitch and just trying to get under his skin. I would never do something like that to intentionally hurt him. I just needed him to feel some kind of way because of how I felt."

"That's toxic fam." He chuckled. "Both of y'all acting like children and just need to slow down and just talk. I don't know what the hell you did to him, but he ain't been himself ever since that day we was all at y'all crib."

Winter sighed. "I told him I wanted to move out and get my own place."

Almost as if a light bulb clicked he nodded. "Ahh I could already picture how that went."

"He pretty much ended our friendship. And every second that I think about that conversation I just wish that I could go back and word myself differently. I think he felt like I was abandoning him."

Antonio shook his head and went around the bar to sit beside Winter. " Cairo has been abandoned by almost every person he's ever loved. It kind of blows my mind how a man that's dealt with so much trauma, is so caring and loving to the people around him. Despite it may not always showing, he would do anything for the people he loves. He just so traumatized he won't let you do anything for him."

Winter rolled her eyes. "That's what I find so annoying Antonio. Like Cairo knows how much I love him and knows I will never hurt him. But he continues to push me away or make me feel like he doesn't want me. When he went and got with Keira, I felt so betrayed. Cause for months I had been trying to get him to open up to me, but he never did. But here comes this random bitch and all of a sudden Cairo wants to be in relationship? He fucked me up so bad mentally Antonio I feel like was stuck with having to force myself to get into a relationship too. Luckily I met Jay and it wasn't all that hard, but he knew I wasn't all the way in. Just like how I know he ain't all the way in with Keira! His eyes always gives him away, he just never opens his fucking mouth."