"Yay." I climbed into his car and he followed suit. In no time, we were on the road again.

I grabbed the bag and took out the delicious looking donut, but just as I was about to take a bite, my phone suddenly dinged. I picked it up to see 15 messages and 7 missed calls from my parents.

"Oh no," my eyes widened. They must be so worried.

"What is it?" River asked, giving me a concerned side glance.

"I forgot to tell my parents where went," I replied and wasted no more time in calling them back. My phone only rang three times before my mom picked up.

"Mom, I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you I-" I began ranting.

"Cove, it's fine we were worried at first but your boyfriend answered one of our calls last night and told us where you went," Mom interrupted. I shot River a harsh glare and he laughed.

"Oh, is he there? He seems like such a nice young man, handsome too. Perfect for you Cove, have you guys done anything yet if ya know what I mean?Oh! Is that why you went there? What did yo-"

"Mom...Mom stop it! You're on speaker!" I yelled. River started laughing even harder, so hard that I got scared he's going to crash the car.

"Oh, sorry honey it's just-" I took her off speaker and listened to the rest of her rant by myself.

"Okay Mom, well I have to go, bye!" I said once she finished and hung up right after. Silence developed and I silently started counting down the seconds until River will burst out laughing.

8,7,6,5,4,3,2- he giggled which turned into full on laughter. I didn't even make it to one.

"Shush, I don't even want to hear it," I said unamused, although I'm secretly holding in a smile. River looked at my annoyed face and laughed harder.

I couldn't contain my laughter any longer so I chuckled and quickly looked away.After a few minutes, River finally calmed down and we drove the rest of the way to my house silently eating our food.

As soon as River pulled into the driveway, I ran out of his car and into my house. I unlocked the door so fast that it's like it was already open. Might as well have been.

I got to my room and quickly put together an outfit. I picked a black shirt that says 'sunrise sunburn sunset repeat' and some denim shorts with a random pair of sandals.

River's footsteps echoed up the staircase and I wasted no time in rushing inside my bathroom, shutting the door once I got inside.

Why am I running from River? You may ask. Well the answer is, I'm just trying to spite him for messing with me in the car. Plus, don't think that I forgot about how he stole half of sandwich on Monday. Like I said previously, no one messes with my food.

I got undressed, then took my sweet sweet time changing into my new outfit. It has returned to being hot outside after that terrible thunderstorm a few days ago, so my outfit is perfect for the weather.

I brushed my hair and put half up with the rest down. Then I brushed my teeth and applied some lipgloss.

After that, I finally went back to my room and I found River sitting on my bed. As soon as I entered, he turned and smirked at me. Oh no, this can't be good.