Chapter 5: There are Others

(Reader)'s POV:

I awoke to something bumping the ship, or rather someone. I grudgingly dragged myself out of my warm bed, opening the hatch to the outside world. Luffy was there hanging on the railing with the bright smile "took you long enough" he says. 

"Good morning to you too," I replied back "what's on the agenda for today" Luffy gave me a look as if I just spoke in an alien tongue "it's just an expression, it's just another way of saying, 'what do I have to do today'".

"Ohhhh okay" he says, still holding his grin. "Was that you banging against my ship?" I ask, 

"what? Oh ya, that was me", 

"why did you do that? You could have put a hole in the boat" I ask him again. 

"Well you weren't getting up, and what wrong with me bumping this floating 'thingy' of yours?" Luffy nudges the boat, making it rock. 

"For your information, if you sink my ship, I'll have nowhere to live", 

"what difference does it make? You'll be fine whether you're on the boat 'thingy' or in the water?" Luffy says in a matter-of-fact tone. 

"No I won't be fine Luffy, humans can't live in water",

"can't you swim?" Luffy asks 

"Not all humans know how to swim, I can, but the problem is I can't swim for long. I could maybe last an hour at best, then I'd drown" I explain to Luffy.

"Hmmm... that's a problem, I really wanna show you my world" Luffy frowned.

"You can always tell me about the ocean. It's much more fun to listen to your stories", Luffy's smile reappears. He told me all about his wild adventures and crazy friends. Turns out, Luffy is some kind of sea pirate and is actually wanted by the government and all of his friends are pirates too. 

"Wait Zoro's the one with the curly eyebrows right?" I interrupt Luffy's story. 

"No Zoro has green hair and normal eyebrows, he carries 3 swords" Luffy tells me, 

"oh okay so it's Usopp who has the curly eyebrows", 

"no, Sanji has curly brows, Usopp has a long nose" Luffy responds.

"Geez, I'm sorry Luffy, it's just really hard to remember everyone, especially without meeting them in person". Luffy goes quiet, he looked like he was deep in thought. 

In a flash, Luffy sprung back to life, "(reader) I have an idea, wait here" Luffy says before disappearing under the waves. 

He left before I could ask him where he was going or for how long. With Luffy gone I cast my fishing line into the sea, hoping to catch a fish this time. After about, what I assumed to be an hour, a splash was heard, followed by a familiar voice. 

"See I told you she was real". I open my eyes to see not one, but 6 sirens, and one small creature with antlers. 

"Guys this is (reader), she's the human I was talking about, I told ya she's real" Luffy said, proud of himself. "N-nice to meet you all," I say, still in minor shock. 

I looked at all the faces staring at me, they all seemed to as surprised I as was. 

"Luffy how on earth did you manage to find such a goddess?" The blonde man with curly eyebrows was the first to speak, Sanji I think. 

He takes my hand in his,"Nice to meet you (reader), it must have been fate for us to have met! How did such a stunning beauty like yourself meet an idiot like Luffy."