"Why do we even try, Bo. Asami mastered this game. And I'm the Avatar!" Korra exclaimed, waving her hands around, and all Asami could do is look at her in awe, happy that the younger girl is in a good mood.

She then looked at her with that lopsided grin, and she swears she could feel her cheeks warming and her heartbeat pounding.

Korra had good days.

"Can I just go? I'm not even getting better!"

Asami could hear the shout from outside the room. She slid the door open to the healing room and saw Korra, her face clearly in anguish.

"Korra," Kya went to touch Korra's shoulder but stopped midway, "you need to keep up with your healing sessions. I know it doesn't look like it but, it helps if you try."

Korra scoffed, tears threatening to run down her face, "You don't think I'm trying?"

"I didn't mean—" Korra covered her face with both her hands not wanting to hear another word from the older woman.

"I just— I wanna go back to my room." Korra is now crying.

That gave Asami the cue to walk in, tapped Kya's shoulder, and gave her a warm smile. She mouthed 'I got it from here, thank you.' to the older woman, so she stood up, smiled back, and then went on to gather the materials from the healing session.

Korra was in the healing pool, so one of the healers, went to the other side to help transfer her into the wheelchair. Asami got the towels to dry her without even speaking or looking at Korra. She knew what to do. She then got the clothes for Korra and helped put them on. Well, she did most of the work. She wiped Korra's tears and looked her in those blue eyes.

"Hey," Asami held her chin so they can see eye to eye, and gave Korra the gentlest smile she could muster, "we're going to your room now, okay?" Asami then closed the gap and kissed her on the forehead. Korra only nodded, and when she was sure that it would be the only response, she sighed in defeat. The CEO wheeled her out of the room. At the minimum, she was acknowledged. It was a good enough response, at least for now.

Korra had terrible days.

-

They were both sitting on the balcony, looking at the scenery that spread into the horizon. So peaceful. So eccentric.

Jinora's ceremony just finished. It was the most beautiful thing Asami had witnessed. Everyone was there, except for Master Katara. She heard the siblings talk that she was too old to travel. Tenzin, ever so proud father of the new airbending master, delivered a heartfelt speech in front of the crowd, also acknowledging the Avatar's sacrifices to make it all possible. Asami felt a wave of contentment, Korra made this all possible, and she couldn't be happier. As delighted as everyone seemed, the Avatar, but all was downhearted. Asami was aware as she saw a tear trickle down Korra's cheek and didn't think twice to excuse both of them and get her away from everybody.

And now they were on the balcony. Everyone was still inside the temple, packing things up. The other airbenders and acolytes went back to their respective dormitories, and some went back home to the city. The sun is almost setting, and Asami wished it would stay this way for a while. Sitting beside Korra with a beautiful landscape to appreciate.

"I don't think I can be the Avatar anymore."

Asami snapped out of her trance and looked at the girl beside her. "Korra, I told you nobody expects you—"

She cut her off. "Remember when I lost my bending, and we all went to the South with hopes of Katara giving it back to me?" Korra hesitated and then continued talking, "I thought I was done then. I was useless without my bending, and I've never felt more alone."