-

Asami was almost at the door when she heard a groan and a cry, quickening her pace. At the door, she saw Korra sitting on her bed grimacing but stopped when she saw Asami at the door.

She stared at those blue eyes that never fails to entice her in ways she wouldn't think would be possible. Blue eyes that light up when she gets excited about something. But right now, those blue eyes showed sadness. A look Asami never wanted to see and would do anything just to take away that look. Broken. The Avatar was broken.

"Hey, Asami." Korra gave her a strained smile, and with a few steps, she was beside Korra. Asami just noticed the people around the room. Tonraq and Tenzin were talking in the corner. Bolin and Opal are near the door with Mako catching up with her now, and a healer on the left side of Korra who is about to heal a wound on her stomach.

"Hey there," Asami said as she held her right hand, squeezing it gently as a sign to let Korra know that she's there. And she's not leaving.

"I'm going to start and try again, so try to be still Avatar Korra." The healer said, and Korra nodded. A warm blue, glowing water from the basin moved its way onto Korra's stomach, but as it hits her skin, the water tribe girl squeezed Asami's hand tightly and howled in pain. Her scream was unbearable and so broken.

"STOP! STOP! Stop it!" Asami shouted. She didn't even think as her other hand swatted away the healer's hands, the water splashed onto the floor and made a protective stance over Korra.

Everyone in the room was startled at how Asami reacted and couldn't care less as long as she doesn't see Korra crying in pain. The healer was staring at her, shocked but composed herself afterward.

Pema came into the room with a dinner tray and set it down on the table beside Asami and said, "Maybe Korra can eat dinner first, then we'll try again tomorrow?" Pema gave the healer a warm smile in a gentle way that just puts Asami at ease.

The healer nodded and gathered her healing materials. With a quick bow to everyone, she was out of the room.

Bolin and the others said their goodnights and went to their rooms. Tenzin gave Asami a smile and walked out of the room with her wife as well.

Tonraq went to the other side of Korra and kissed her forehead, "I'll be outside sweetie, seems like Asami has it all under control." He gave a quick nod and smiled at Asami as well, and he went out and closed the door behind him.

Asami realized she was still holding Korra's hand, she pulled away and got the bowl of soup from the tray.

"Let me feed you." Korra looked at her and nodded. Asami can still see the tears falling from her cheeks, so she held the soup on her right hand and wiped Korra's tears using her left thumb.

"Thank you, Asami," Korra said. "You didn't have to do this."

"I'm always here for you. I don't mind, Korra. Whatever you need." Whatever you need, Korra, if you'll have me.

Korra didn't say another word and let Asami feed her. After she managed to eat a few bites, the CEO excused herself and told the Avatar that she'll be right back.

Asami got up and grabbed the tray to take to the sink. When she was done washing the plates, she went back to the hallway but stopped midway to Korra's room. She let out a broken sob and just stood there, holding on to the wall in the hall with her left hand while she tried to cover her mouth with her right so that no one would hear her crying.

"Why did you have to be the Avatar, Korra." She said to no one in particular.

After a few more moments, she finally stopped crying, gathered herself, and went back to Korra's room.