13. "ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ."

Start from the beginning

They both laughed, and then the bell rang for dismissal. Akaashi was on cleaning duty, so he left by himself. Although, he kept an eye out for Oikawa.

No luck.

He sighed deeply and began walking back to his apartment. His boss said that he could have the week off to 'clear his mind.' He cringed as he remembered the coffee incident.

"Hajime!"

Iwaizumi stopped walking, wondering if he was going crazy. Did someone just call his name?

He continued walking again, glancing around him for anyone familiar.

A car honked behind him, causing him to jump in surprise. He turned around and saw a black car following him closely behind.

Am I being kidnapped? He wondered. His legs suddenly itched to run.

The car stopped and the driver's door opened, revealing Oikawa's dad.

Shit.

"Hello, sir," he quickly greeted, bowing his head.

Mr. Mori laughed and waved a hand casually. "No need to be so formal, Hajime! Come on! Get in, I'll take you shopping."

"Shopping?"

"Yes, yes. You're coming to the Gala tomorrow with us. I imagine you don't have any proper attire, so let me buy you some!"

He quickly started shaking his head. "There's no need for that, sir. Honestly I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it."

Mr. Mori frowned. "What do you mean? Do you already have plans? You know I won't take no for an answer."

Iwaizumi bowed his head low. "No, sir. I just don't know if Oikawa would want me there," he responded, scratching his hair.

"Who cares what Tooru thinks! That boy is a tough case to crack, but you two are friends! I'm sure he'll enjoy your company."

"Have you already told him?"

Mr. Mori furrowed his eyebrows. "I haven't spoken with him since Monday. I figured that you would tell him."

Iwaizumi blinked. That's a long time to go without talking to your kid. "I wasn't sure if I was going, so I didn't bother telling him."

"Well then I'll leave it up to you whether you'll tell him or not. Or," The older male winked. "You could surprise him."

He smiled awkwardly. "Yup," was all he could say.

"Well, get in! Let's go shopping!"

"Yes, sir." He followed Mr. Mori to the fancy black car, hopping into the passenger seat. They sped off a moment later.

The two of them didn't bother conversing anymore, simply just listening to the radio while Mr. Mori hummed along to the songs. Iwaizumi decided to stare out the side window, watching as buildings and people passed by.

His mind was filled with thoughts; specially about the topic of Shittykawa. In fact, there were a few specific questions that he really wanted the answers to.

"Mr. Mori."

"Hm?"

"Why didn't you pick up Oikawa? Did he even know you were at school?"

"There's no need. Tooru has his own driver, and besides, I think he rather not ride with me."

"Why not? I think you're a pretty good driver." He gestured vaguely at the driving wheel. "I highly doubt we'll crash or something."